Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. I would really like to see this for the free MP starter dwarf warrior.

2. Fry

Fry Ogre

55 minutes, won 6, lost the 7th. If I had been "farming" I would have just surrendered that 7th map, my team was two no-damage wizards and a no-damage priest against a wall of beef (Mummys, War Monkeys, Arcane imps, Servants). I probably spent at least 15 or 20 minutes trying to get through it, but lost anyway.

Weird map "error" I ran into:

[​IMG]

That rightmost corner of the map looks like an open space, but it was actually blocked.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  3. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

9 wins, 95 mins (including death at final battle)

Lost horribly on the final map + got lucky on earlier matches with a lot of slow moving dudes, so things were more manageable then they probably usually are. Also had a bug on the 3rd battle - the board (Throne of Strench, map 1) had the incorrect number of VPs needed to win, so I won before I had defeated all the enemies. You can see it in the first half of my run (relevant battle at 18 minute mark, sudden win and surprise at 22:35).

Second half will be uploaded later, and I forgot to record the final battle, but in summary, Blizzy + Whorl + Acorn Sling = D:

Flaxative likes this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That is not a bug, Giant Roaches score 0 stars each just like servants. (The star requirement is equal to # of stars you can get from killing the enemy.)

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Lost on round 5 after a run lasting 32 minutes. No bugs encountered that I noticed.

6. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

3 wins, 42 minutes. I shake my fist angrily at you, adult wyverns vs two wizards and an elf fighter on a wide open map!

7. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Runs:
    14 mins 2 wins

19 mins 5 wins

4 mins 0 wins

34 mins 6 wins

(Both these in last run)
    Melvelous the Magnificent map 2 had 3 groups of enemies as normal (previously noted to have only two copper golems at one point) at round 2
    Lord's Stafford's Treasure, map 1 had 3 groups of enemies (previously noted to have no enemies) though the enemies are very easy at round 4 CoC 4.jpg

So, it's probably not a problem with the maps, as you said. May I ask how the monsters are spawned? Are there areas they can spawn in (close to where the monsters appear on their original maps), or are there loads of spawn points?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Lots of spawn points.

Right now my theory about the broken spawns is that there's some bad typo in the "ranged" monster group set and that's breaking the monster group selection process in some of the battles that try to include a ranged group. I haven't actually taken a look at the code yet.

To all testers:
    I don't think I need more run data on this version of CoC. Thanks for all your input. Feel free to post your successes or failures, complaints, etc., but at this point our chests/minute and average run depth have stayed constant over about 80 runs and I'm going to go ahead and make some tweaks. Not sure when the next test build will be out, hopefully sometime soon.

9. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Did another 10 runs, for a total of 23 runs so far and only managed to reach lvl 9 once. What pisses me off the most is the huge amount of movement cards that mobs have, making escaping from melee creeps or closing down on range creeps impossible. Anyway, i don't think that i have the skills to clear CoC. so i am done trying for now. I have had a good time playing this though and it is definitely something that was missing from the game.

P.S. I read your message Flax, but since i already have the data ready, i will just go ahead and post it.

1st run
    round 1, 2.5 mins
    round 2, 2.5 mins
    round 3, 3.5 mins
    round 4, 2.5 mins loss

2nd run
    round 1, 2 mins
    round 2, 4 mins
    round 3, 5 mins
    round 4, no enemies
    round 5, 5 mins
    round 6, 5 mins loss

3rd run
    round 1, 2.5 mins
    round 2, 2 mins
    round 3, 3 mins
    round 4, 6.5 mins
    round 5, 5.5 mins
    round 6, 4.5 mins
    round 7, 5 mins
    round 8, 7 mins loss

4th run
    round 1, 3.5 mins
    round 2, 5 mins
    round 3, 6 mins
    round 4, 7.5 mins
    round 5, 7 mins
    round 6, 5 mins
    round 7, 3.5 mins loss

5th run
    round 1, 3.5 mins
    round 2, 2 mins
    round 3, 6.5 mins
    round 4, 4 mins loss

6th run
    round 1, 3 mins
    round 2, 3 mins
    round 3, 3.5 mins
    round 4, 4 mins loss

7th run
    round 1, 2.5 mins
    round 2, 4.5 mins loss

8th run
    round 1, 3 mins
    round 2, 4 mins
    round 3, 3 mins
    round 4, 5 mins loss

9th run
    round 1, 3.5 mins
    round 2, 4 mins loss

10th run
    round 1, 2.5 mins
    round 2, 3 mins
    round 3, 7.5 mins
    round 4, no enemies
    round 5, 4 mins loss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good feedback. I intend to make it more possible to win in the next update :)

40c_rudy, Pawndawan and Magic Elves like this.
  11. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Third attempt

Round 1 - 5 minutes
    Round 2 - 4 minutes
    Round 3 - 5 minutes
    Round 4 - 10 minutes
    Round 5 - 11 minutes
    Round 6 - died to mental flensing 1v1 on that map where each member of your party faces a different opponent. please take martyr's blessing out or at least let me self target xD

12. R0und 1: 2 minutes (Burst wizard and two priests stacking cards on her).
    Round 2: 4 minutes.
    Round 3: 8 minutes.
    Round 4: 6 minutes.
    Round 5: 14 minutes.
    Round 6: 9 minutes.
    Round 7: Swarmed by NPCs, didn't stand a chance.

I do not know if this is a glitch or not, but the Battle Log does not automatically scroll down to the most recent text.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  13. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

Alas, what happened to "Toughen up if you want the crown ;)"?

Difficulty feels about right to me, assuming 2-3% completion is acceptable to the masses. There are a few mobs that could possibly use tweaks. As others have mentioned the group of 4 archers tends to be a bit punitive for example.

Would be nice if bosses had different weightings too. Because a hard fight is good, but endless repeats to get the easy fight among the impossible ones isn't so good. Currently on final level it is boss + lieutenant + 2 groups?

Could instead vary it based on the boss, eg:
    Blizkenripper + 1 group
    Grendal, Troll King + 2 lieutenant + 2 groups
    Xanthicius + 1 lieutenant + 2 group
    etc.

14. Is there any way to shut Gary up on the test server? Every time I log in and accidentally click a block he keeps telling me about it. This is not a problem on the main server.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Can't do this, unfortunately.

Roger.

Given the current completion rate I think it could be significantly easier without being too easy :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. On one map there were 2 turrets hidden on the right side of the map in a wall. The enemy Lord Stafford allowed them to camp the victory spot...
    [​IMG]

74 rounds later I was finally able to achieve victory.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    billiska, Pawndawan, Merdis and 2 others like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is what CoC is all about.

timeracers likes this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

CoC - A sprinkling of easy blended into a mass of annoying and difficult, with random Kobayashi marus added for frustration.
    Pity we can't directly face the RNG, Master of Chaos, as the final boss. Of course, that might be harder than triple Blizzy.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

We the testers aren't the average everyday noobs, so if we only have a 3% completion then less than a percent of the total player base(a guess I know) will be able to do it.

40c_rudy likes this.
  20. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

I'd just like to go on record as saying I think these are both really awesome ideas. The Caverns concept is good now, but these suggestions would do a lot to make the experience feel more polished. Then again, I also still think we should get to use our original party for the final battle.