Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I wouldn't say harder, just maybe some way of limiting the maximum loot you can get. Maybe only allowing you to get the guaranteed item the first time you beat that battle in a day? That way you still have incentive to press on, yet not the huge gains I'm currently amassing on test server.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Why? (the bit about sp grinding that is -- I do want to make sure it's not better than ranked play)

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Oh, okay, obviously the adventure doesn't need to be made any harder, then.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hahah okay, I'm just wondering what your assumption/argument was but it's allll good :)

5. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I think SURPRISE ALABASTER DRAGON is pretty difficult myself, hopefully that won't be the soul-crushing end of many runs.

Slayer696, Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

About 1 in 7 of them. Toughen up if you want the crown ;)

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:eek: Bite Your Tongue! Better yet, cut it out!
    Okay, overreacting and exaggerating a bit.

43 minutes, round 4
    42 minutes, round 3

I think the ones I died in took the longest. Slow and agonizing, with my last guy almost, almost... ACK!!!

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flax, do you actually run characters like this, or are you just building them this way to be mean?
    I'm curious.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To clarify, because I asked for # of battles won—you died on the 5th and 4th rounds respectively? Or did you win 3 and 2 battles respectively? Thanks!

Heh.

10. VermillionOcean

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I don't have a real issue with any of the characters except for Ooze Priest, who focuses on the odd job buffs to the exception of the useful ones, and Gandugh, who is useful against spellcasters and fun to play, but has too much forgetfulness and counterspell in most cases.

timeracers and Flaxative like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You got it.

VermillionOcean likes this.
  13. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Runs:

Doesn't include deaths, just wins.

4 mins - Round 1 finish
    4 mins - 2
    6 mins - 3

5 mins - 1
    4 mins - 2
    2 mins (no enemies) - 3
    CoC bug 3.jpg
    3 mins - 4
    Intermittent internet issues after this.
    11 mins - 5
    8 mins - 6

4 mins - 1
    6 mins - 2
    6 mins - 3
    11 mins - 4
    9 mins - 5
    2 mins (Only two copper golems in total. I suspect this may be part of the nospawn bug) - 6
    15 mins - 7
    Died to Sharkbears, trolls, scars and frost sprites on 8 :mad:. They clustered around me very quickly.

It seems so far people can average between 5-15 mins, which is pretty quick for 2 guaranteed rares, if they have membership. Maybe reduce the reward of the first few if you are worried about farming? One could probably build a pretty decent deck to farm the first level at any rate, I think that should be reduced at least. Or Magic Elves idea seems alright too.

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I was able to actually focus on the levels this time, once you get the hang of each character things speed up a lot. Died on 9, took exactly an hour to get there.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think maybe just reducing the first battle to 2 uncommons would be a fair nerf.

16. There are a few situations where it is impossible to beat a Caverns of Chaos map.

Obernoob, Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  17. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Uh...Blitzkinripper? Really? I'm sorry, but come on, that's not even trying to pretend be fair. Even my best constructed party still loses about a fourth of the time against him and any three of these preset heroes would die to my friggin wizard. Blitzkinripper alone wipes out most parties without even trying and now you're throwing him in with minions? That's a pretty big middle finger to someone who managed to claw their way through the RNG of the last nine maps.

That aside, I had a really interesting idea for some of these randomized heroes. Obviously I know you want their decks to be weaker than normal, but wouldn't it be fun if a few of these heroes were fashioned after people like Barnum, Hawlic, Zoltan, and other such heroes you've actually named in the game through legendary items and had at least some of the cards to match? I mean, this is supposed to be a chaotic place where heroes of all times and races clash against monsters of all kinds, right? And if you're seriously going to throw the Alabaster Dragon at us, having some actual legendary heroes that could live up to the name might push your chances up to at least horrendously slim.

Robauke, Obernoob, Sir Veza and 4 others like this.
  18. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

"Armored Mage" Xander, from Xander's Boots and Xander's Mail (Dwarf Wizard)
    "Untouchable" Quick Jon, from Quick Jon's Buckler and Quick Jon's Axe (Elf Warrior)
    "Lifestealer" Glasod, from Glasod's Dark Skull, Glasod's Dark Thighbone, and Glasod's Dark Eye (Elf Priest)
    "Absentminded" Chartwell, from Chartwell's Ring and Chartwell's Amulet (Human Wizard)
    "Lady of Winter" Hylithia, from Hylithia's Robes and Hylithia's Wand (Elf Wizard)

Encountering one of these guys in your team could be a fun event, yea.

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Sir Veza, seth arue and Magic Elves like this.
  20. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Flax, please unlock CoC for me! Game name: Room9