Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

So you can keep retrying from the start, over and over, till you get bored, each day?
    That sounds good :)

So far sounds good to me. I'll probably want to finally load up the test server, given how close-to-heart this is to me.

Is there anything other'n run times, that you specifically want feedback on?

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

PEOPLE LOOKING FOR SHORTCUTS:
    If you tell me your test account name I can set the flag that unlocks Caverns.
    I can also level your characters to 18 at the same time.
    Then you should use everyitem or something to get enough items to beat the first battle.

Sir Veza, Han Lee and Obernoob like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll investigate what might have caused this, but it's possible that you were just blessed by the caverns... ;)

You can retry from the start infinite times I'm pretty sure. The adventure only exhausts when you complete it, and even then, I think you can still play for guaranteed rare+ items.

Good to know :)

Good thing to test, thanks! Worth noting that unlike the other special adventures (Mauve Manticore) this one should always produce enough characters for a coop party to play.

See my previous post for shortcut suggestions. Also, glad you are excited about the content.

There isn't currently and I don't have any plans to limit it. I would only think to limit it if it seemed like it was too lucrative and ranked players might quit ranked to grind Caverns.

There're several reasons why I don't want there to be retries on this module, but good to know.

Yes, Caverns is my sadistic brainchild ;)

The characters are selected from a list of premade characters drawn from all premade parties and a couple others that I added. We don't have the capability to dynamically generate decklists or whatnot at the moment.

Very good analysis of the intentions here. A clarification on narrative: I didn't ignore the requests. This is very much in part a response to repeated requests for a replayable SP endgame mode. The implementation & fluff were my idea—I worked with Farbs to figure out the best way to do randomization of content for this kind of thing, then built all the boards, monster sets, and premade characters. But yeah far be it from me to suggest that this was 100% my idea and had nothing to do with player suggestions & request hahaha.

I'd say the main thing that I care a lot about in this implementation is that the randomized challenges should make players think. Strong players shouldn't be able to grind Caverns the way they grind the standard campaign maps, loading the perfect build and clicking more or less mindlessly until the enemies are dead. Some battles will be easier than others, but on average they should be new and interesting every time.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To clarify, is that battles PLAYED or battles WON? I want the latter.

5. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Damn, reached Pools of Slime for nothing :p
    My test account name is the same, 40c_rudy. My characters are all leveled up though, so there is no need for that.
    Thanks for the help.

6. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

My test account name is TestpleX I tried buying the Citadel bundle and completing an adventure but that didn't trigger the flag so unlocking caverns would be appreciated. :)

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just kidding the test server user edit is broken right now. I'll try to get it fixed ASAP. Thanks for your patience everyone :)

8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

When you get user edit working again, can you setup my test account (Pawndawan) for CoC too?

Flaxative likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Would we get extra loot for co-oping?
    I know you said the LF doesnt visit these adventures (and bandit also probably doesnt) but would we still get extra loot, since it has set loot - like the LF.

10. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Beat the first of the EttSC adventures but it didn't unlock the CoC like I'd hoped. I'll keep playing through the campaign, but in case you get the test server fixed before I get there, my test server account name is:

MelancthonIronDragon

Edit: Nevermind, Citrine to Black Forest opened it up. Something to be said for "allitems," heh.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  11. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Did some more runs, but accidentally closed the thing I was keeping the times in :confused:. They were roughly equivalent to the ones I'd already done though. Also did one co-op run (up to level 6), if the person does not have CoC unlocked they still get the same loot (no extra loot btw @BlackVoidDeath; there's plenty as is, after all).

Edit: And by the way, the no enemy bug happened one other time as well, on level 4 of I think my 7th run. I killed my own guy to proceed as last time (though not necessary as there were vps this time around). I have no idea if I did anything different.

12. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

First run died on the first battle to dolphins and shark(bear)s.
    Second run won three, lost in the fourth battle, eleven minute run.

13. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I got some screenshots of the co-op run!

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 2x Umber Bulk, 2x Tan Mold, 3x Thought Muncher: Medium difficulty
    Team: Dwarf vamp priest, Warrior made with whatever I threw on it (me), level 2-ish elf priest healbot that lucked out by us getting no ranged enemies: Challenging difficulty
    Results: Uphill struggle to start, easy picking off Thought Munchers at the end.

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 3x Black Oozes, 4x Kobold Warriors, 3x Arcane Imps: Easy difficulty
    Party: Buff Priest, Fire Wizard(me), Step attack Warrior: Easy Difficulty
    Results: Low health enemies without blocks or armor, plus fireball. GG

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 2x Bronze Golems, 2x Baby Wyverns, 2x Kobold Spearmen: Easy difficulty
    Party: Lava Wizard, draw/heal priest(me), stabs warrior: Easy Difficulty
    Results: Easy Win

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 2x Ethereal Wisps, 3x Forest Spiders, 2x Baby Wyverns, 2x Pawn People: Medium Difficulty
    Team: Nimbus priest, quite literally a 1400 ELO level elf warrior(me), Draw Priest: I could use this party in ranked Difficulty
    Map: The map had victory points exclusive to our team everywhere we looked. It was like it was trying to let us win.
    Results: The pawns didn't even get one attack.

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 3x Psi Cats, 2x Mutant Brutes, 3x Gnarls, 2x Security Cameras: Medium diffculty
    Team: Blast from the Past Wizard, M. C. Hammer Wizard(can't touch this), Space Lightning Wizard: Medium difficulty
    Results: Most fun game in my opinion, had to use a lot of strategy, but got a win with no casualties.

[​IMG]
    Enemies: 3x Flying Monkeys, 2x Green Jellies, 2x Scars, 2x Scars: Hard Difficulty
    Team: Mediocre Priest, Mediocre Wizard(me), Mediocre Wizard part two: Hard difficulty
    Results: Dogs of war were let loose, projectile attack spam is kill

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Also, on average it takes about 20-30 minutes to get to the fifth battle if you're playing by yourself at a decent clip and you're not getting too horribly unlucky with he parties. If I was getting this amount of loot on the actual server, I'd be squealing in joy nonstop about now.

15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Final update:

[​IMG]

There's two kinds of Black Oozes: One with draw 2 and one with draw 3. The one with draw 2 is normally used for Black Oozes in groups, and when the other kind is in groups they are quite capable of moving 8 squares in a turn with their hand full of 10 cards. Pretty sure this isn't intended, but I could be wrong.

16. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Nine draws? Holy hell, I haven't seen a monster group that broken since Mauve Manticore #1. I'm guessing you didn't win that fight and I really hope that's a mistake.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for the note.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Request for testers: if you get a battle with no enemies, can you please screenshot? I want to track which boards it happens on.

Also, to everyone waiting for me to unlock Caverns for you on test: the user edit tool has been fixed. I am waiting on confirmation from @Obernoob that modifying his account worked. Once I have that I will modify all test accounts as requested.

I am officially processing Caverns unlock requests.

I've processed the following people's test accounts:
    @Obernoob
    @Pawndawan
    @DupleX
    @40c_rudy

Let me know if I missed someone, or just ask if you need an unlock.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Pawndawan, Sir Veza and 40c_rudy like this.
  19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It is great. :D I was a little bit sceptical, because I did not like games like Dual of the planeswalkers, where you get fixed decks and have to play them. But here I like it. There are ugly situations, like Grounding Plates on the opponents and I have a spark mage. I hope, there is somewhere in my deck armor removel. Otherwise my current level is not beatable.

Update:

The decks seem to be truly random. Cards like Fright, Suspicious and co can make big troubles. But it is a lot of fun. Guess this will be great in coop with friends. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Got to the fifth stage, but with 2 elf mages and a dwarf mage against just ranked attack is not winable. Three arcon sling and an elf wizard is just dead. The double Instant Burn on that elf did not help much. :D