Off Topic - Support Farbs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skip_intro, Oct 21, 2011.

1. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

See here for how!

Also note the "Farbs, incidentally, is now part of the team making Card Hunter – whose latest news I shall post shortly" teaser.

2. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

This a game? From the screenshots it looks like a mess of polygons. i can kinda make out what might be space and a ship. I cant distinguish certain colors well from colorblindness

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oh hey cheers skip_intro! I was on the fence about whether to mention it here, since orcs and space marines don't usually get along :p

I'm happy to give out a few free supporterships if any Cardhuntarians want to check it out.
    The first 5 people to PM me and supply their email address will get one.

EDIT: One down, four to go.
    EDIT: Two down...
    EDIT: Three gone!

4. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

No problems! A bit of cross promotion never hurt anyone, right? ;)

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Three of the five free supporterships have been claimed. Get in quick!

6. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Capt. Forever is one of my favorite "pick up and play" kind of games. I say pick up and play mostly because of how horrible I am at putting together my ships. Why oh why do I always end up in deep space and decide now is the time to move all my guns around?

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I'm one of the people who expressed interest and I have come to give a review.

I played a bit of each game in the completed trilogy, then did a whole lot in the Captain Jameson exploration/RPG/whatever-you-call it version. Yesterday, after effort, I had a ship at approximately halfway up the tech tree. I decided it would be an awesome idea to go up against approximately the strongest boss type in the game. I did this because I could take advantage of a close-by boiling-hot asteroid and my knowledge of enemy AI.

The ensuing fight started with me tricking the boss into searing off half of its own massive hull against the hot rock. Then I flew into the open area with my meticulously-crafted ship and parked my guns directly against the exposed core. Being half as strong as it, if not far less, this direct barrage took something like a minute to have the desired effect. During that time the boss continued to flail about and launch heat-seeking projectiles (each capable of searing off my own hull with a well-aimed blow) from its intact half. In its throes, it even flung me within mere pixels of my oh-so-clever hot rock trap.

Then the boss blew up. It was awesome.

That Nav station was SO saved.