Dimwitted Dwarf Costs Money

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by A Bear, Jan 15, 2013.

1. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Just a heads up for anyone else who runs into the 2nd inn thinking they can run out with 9 new level 10s. The first three are free, the rest cost you $100!

This seems a very reasonable thing to do (and recall seeing this change mentioned here) but I didn't see any warning on the inn itself... so now I have 3 new warriors I bought too hastily, and even more incentive to stick with Team Elf!

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, sorry, this was a new feature in the latest build.

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I quite liked the dimwitted dwarf letting you grab lvl 10s of all so you didn't need to grind all chars from lvl 1 if you wanted all 27 combinations. Honestly I think the pricing is too high for both inns. Call it 10 for the lvl 10s, and 2 for the lvl 1s(stops the exploit, all that's needed for level 1s).

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

i oppose this feature as it lessens the importance of starter characters you raise yourselves.

Joshua likes this.
  5. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

How about you don't tell me how to play and I don't tell you how to play.
    Quite aside from that, there's all those all-same challenges that requires you to buy a ton of characters, and the rewards are rather meagre anyway. I also a) have a job, thus limited time. b) don't really enjoy grinding anyway.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

How about we dial back the hostility he just voiced his opinion. Personally i do agree that 100g is way too much and i would like them to be as close to free as they can be since i used them for the all race all class and on challenges. But it wouldn't ruin my entier game if this wasnt possible just lessen my enjoyment.

7. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Yea, at 100g I'd probably grind a new team up to 10 before I ground up the gold, but I don't like selling anything back to the store. And my only real reason would be to try the "all X" quests, because I think Team Elf is going to continue to work out for me in the traditional levels.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I would just make my dwarf a human and have a all human team so i can do those quests and not bother with buying any heroes i think. That is the problem with this change i think a lot of people will just make more boring teams and not use any extra groups.

Then again all elfs is the most common quest if i remember right so i might just be a true powergamer and roll a whole elf team despite not really wanting to.

9. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Would you be so kind as to move this to one of the Beta Key threads?

10. Insolentius

Insolentius Kobold

Oh, sorry. I have no idea how it ended up in this thread.