[Balance] Lateral Thinking ?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by GregarFalzar, Apr 27, 2014.

1. I believe since beta, Lateral Thinking has been kind of a very sour card for a lot of people. It gives you card disadvantage and the filtering it allows is limited and it is a joke for a card that is, not only unique to humans, but Silver quality.

I well know that card draw decks have been a problem forever, and have received numerous nerfbats (Adequately), but after this, and after the inclusion of Punishing cards, perhaps it is a time to make this card better? I have 2 suggestions here

1. Draw 2, Discard 2: This would make it still lose you card advantage, but allows for a better degree of filtering, sort of a Self Leadership

2. Discard a Card, Draw a card that shares a type with it: Gives you a little more control of what you what are going to get. You could have a Wizard or Priest with a bunch of Team Run or Team Shift and try to search them by pitching your base movement, or discard your Slowed and hope for a Massive Chop. It could also be "That shares all types with it", but that could be pushing it

It would be cool to see your thoughts, thank you :)

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader Staff Member

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

So what about the comparison to the Power Glove? :rolleyes: Some might think you're an elf-promoter determined to keep humans nerfed. ;) I, however, think you just love to hate the card.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm all for Discard 2, Draw 2. It still helps counter the Insight Meta by discarding useless cards like Winds of War and Nimble Strike in the hopes of drawing something better. At least then it could be useful for/against other builds too. :p
    I mean seriously. Lateral Thinking has been a pathetic card for a long time. It could really use a boost.

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

They won't balance cards unless there's a really big need is what I've understood.
    I agree though that there's a list of cards that could use balancing.

6. Liquid_Paper

Liquid_Paper Kobold

I wouldn't mind the option of Draw 1, Then Discard 1 from your hand. That would allow you to have more control and still keep the theme of Lateral Thinking. This might be too similar to Forward Thinking, but weaker. Just a thought.

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I prefer the actual version as you can use it with no other cards in hand, making it just replace itself. As everyone, I dislike card disavantadge.

8. Liquid_Paper

Liquid_Paper Kobold

This is a good point. Of course if we make it draw 2 then discard one then it will just basically be Forward Thinking. Well maybe just like Self Leadership would be the best option at this point. Although Drawing 2 cards is a huge advantage, even if you have to discard 2.