Zoom in/out would be nice.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by BitterCold, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BitterCold

BitterCold Kobold

I find that on the larger maps (and sometimes the small ones, too), I can't easily follow what's going on at the edges. I need to pan all over the map to keep track of the characters. Sometimes I'll highlight a card and not even see its range on screen. So I'd just like to suggest a zoom feature, using the + and - keys and/or scroll wheel.

In fact it's such an obvious feature that I feel I'm simply overlooking it. Am I? I'll feel really dumb if I am.

2. progammer

progammer Ogre

You can click on any place on the map and drag them around. I'm sure it will help. I'm sure zoom will work just fine if they implemented it since all the assets are 2D. But there might be potential display issues

3. Arnifix

Arnifix Kobold

Just bumping because I would love this too. Playing at 2560x1600 makes a lot of things very tricky to see. For example, sitting back in my chair (approx 1m from the screen) I cannot easily read the health of characters, especially when their health is obscured by a another character. Ideally, I'd like to be able to scale the game elements and the UI separately.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. theWoozle

theWoozle Kobold

I would like to rotate the board.

5. I agree with theWoozle. I think being able to rotate the board would be a useful feature. More useful than zooming. Even if you can only rotate it once, by 45 degrees.. It would still solve a few line-of-sight issues.

6. kargat

kargat Kobold

zoom +1 : is really needed in 2560x1440 resolution.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Now that we can mostly only play on steam and ctrl + or ctrl - like it was on my browser doesn't work any longer.. any chance we can get a zoom option in the options menu?

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

In options menu should only be, like, a last resort stopgap before putting in a real zoom feature (or perhaps a default zoom setting). Totally agree with the folks from six years ago $:^ P that a scroll wheel, a Ctrl +/-, and nowadays a pinch/spread would be super nice for basic zoom operations.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  9. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

Card Hunter needs a proper UI scaling (I've 4k monitor myself), not only zoom option ;).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021