Wondering about the feasibility of a volc and smoke wiz/cleansing ray priest/general bash warrior?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by TheLoLChamp, Jul 31, 2015.

1. TheLoLChamp

TheLoLChamp Kobold

I had a game in quick draw where in quick draw where i dominated using the combo with my wiz volcanoing and my priest just eating the terrain such as unnecessary smoke and volcanoes to draw tonnes of cards and heal + attack. Does anyone have any ideas on this or think it would work? If u think it would id be interested to see what build u come up with to do it. If the priest had talented healer i think it would be cool. Opinions?

2. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

the thing with QD and with normal MP games is that in QD you have a limited hand of 7 cards that rotate. In MP you have much much larger hands and to make decks like volcano / bless cano / accel cano etc. etc. work you need to thin your deck with traits and use items which stack certain cards.

This means that you need to force class compisition 2 wiz 1 priest OR 2 priest 1 wiz in order to cycle cards and ensure you have the cards you need every round. Including a warrior will cut your ensured cards by a third right away as warriors have little to no ways to cycle cards for your other teammates and they also tend to have much less traits on their cards in general.

In short the deck wont work due to not being able to cycle efficiently and do enough damage before your opponent sees your plan and comes over and wrecks your vulnerable characters. Focus decks like these tend to fall over once one of your team dies and or the enemy gets to close which means again your class compisition needs to be such you can nimbus every round or have enough telekinesis or winds to move the enemy every round.

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

QD is good for getting new ideas but as Stormy said the shorter deck makes the right group of cards very effective.
    I say try it out. I would go with the 1-1-1 so your warrior can play some defense. Volcano builds are tough since you need a few very rare items which if you do not already have you are likely out of luck (I considered Volcano the hardest attack card to get in a meaningful number pre-ETTSC). With the addition of the Smoking Pistol which is a great fit since it has 1 volcano and 1 smoke bomb, but the key item is Mordecai's Staff Of Magma which is a legendary staff.
    Many people like to mix Bless which used to only be on 1 divine item, but now is on an armor as well for more draws and healing.
    I think you have a good idea but I am not sure it will be feasible both from an item point of view and a certainly not from a reliability point of view.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015