Will The Higher Level Cap Obsolete My Current Gear?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Avarice, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

Just what the title says. My concern is that whatever gear I acquire now will need to be replaced when the level cap goes up. I've been working to optimize my gear, but if I'll be (basically) throwing it away then I'm less interested in expending the effort to get better stuff.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I would say:Yes, with the introdution of new gear and new power tokens our old gear will become kinda obsolete.

One way to counter this is maybe the debs make diferents lvs in pvp. for example a all lv 18 and a all lv 25 (just a example)

3. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

No way of knowing for certain. Preliminarypower token chart could indicate that they will eventually get obsolete in SP, but it isn't set in stone. Level 45 is far far away, more than double the current level cap. Lot of things can and will change in expansion or three.

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

In terms of Power tokens, have a look over here. In terms of MP, the decent stuff you get now shouldn't be obsolete later on. In terms of SP it's hard to tell. The game will definitely not stay at level 19... but it's gonna take ages to reach 50 (if it ever will).

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I feel this quote is pertinent.

I think there will probably always be a use for a few of your best lower-level items.

Gentlecow, Farbs and Jon like this.
  6. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

My guess would be that if there are enough players they will probably keep the L18 battles open anyway even if they open up a new tier at a higher level.

7. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Also pertinent, then?

Splitting the player base wouldn't (probably) be a concern if it wasn't the intention to retain the lower tiers.

8. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

Let's strike the drum for an increase in level cap then :)

9. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

increase level cap and more campaigns..
    i just wish they occasionally add 1 campaign/event module every 2weeks/month or so.

10. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

I totally recognize it's tough to balance, so I can't gripe all that much. I just would really love something to shift the meta a tad in SP :)