What to do after maxing out single player?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jasta85, May 6, 2013.

1. Jasta85

Jasta85 Kobold

Ok, so I just got into the beta this last weekand and had a lot of fun in single player, got my heroes up to around level 6. Now, since I know everything is going to be wiped I've slowed down a bit and I'm curious, what do you do with your single player heroes once they've been fully leveled up?

Multiplayer heroes get their own separate gear so I can see the progression working there as you'll always be wanting better gear to fight human opponents, but once you get to max level in single player is there any incentive to keep playing it? Especially as it's really hard to find a multiplayer match right now.

2. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

You can ear unique rewards in single player which can carry over into multiplayer. Also there are unique challenges and events in single player with missions you have already played as well as the story.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Wait for new expansion ? ;)

Seriously tho, successful dnd/ultima/rpg type of games tend to have a longevity dependent on playerbase size. A committed dev team with a loyal fanbase could go on for a very long time, churning out tons of content, plot twists, challenging adventures and/or continuous remakes, cf Ultima series or <insert few thousand episodes drama>. The question: what would you as a fully levelled up gamer like to experience ?

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hey, a bunch of these were said already, but I'll just list:

Do single-player quests.

Do multiplayer. At all.

Do different builds. Do different builds like WHOA.

Make a Legendaries collection.

Bug test.

Make funny screenshots and post them with commentary.

You get the idea.

Zoorland likes this.
  5. SurgeonFish

Max out your collection with every awesome piece of gear in the game

Zoorland likes this.
  6. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Well, the gear you find in single player is always available to your multiplayer party, so replaying adventures to search for better gear will always be an option. Not a very good one, currently, as you gain high quality gear from winning multiplayer matches far too easily at the moment, but... that's a discussion for another time.

During the first stage of the beta I had maxed out three separate parties and was working on a fourth. Mostly to test for bugs and whatnot with all the different class/race combinations in each adventure with multiple different loadouts, but also... it's fun. Each of the three races play quite differently in single player and it can make for an entirely different experience on each map, especially when you also mix around your class composition and play with different item builds. Granted, there's still an eventual limitation on that, but it drastically extends the enjoyment of the single player campaign.

It was only after maxing out my third full party that I actually went back and started doing all the quests. Quests don't give experience so they're superfluous on your first playthrough, but afterwards they are a great way to find more gear in a new and challenging way.

7. T045ty33

T045ty33 Kobold

What do you think about adding Guilds to the game?

There could be pizza charges for being in/maintaining a guild -- in return players could compete in Guild challenges, etc.. Winning a challlenge would net the guild an item to up in its treasury, increase its ranking, etc.. Guild members would be able to equip their party with a limited (i.e. 2 or 3) number of guild items.

Adds community and another pizza stream (or reason to be a club member).

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Please don't is all i got to say about guilds

9. SurgeonFish

Don't want to be part of Sir Knight's guild? What's it called again?