What kind of classes or monsters would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hopibear, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

For monsters I would love to see a some sort of Tiamat dragon from Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon.

As for classes besides the regular warrior , barbarian , wizard etc I would love to see classes that are a bit of uncommon. Like Witch class , templar class , monk class stuff like that!

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

A game with Tiamat would be quite short, I'd imagine, She's been eating high level characters since 1975...

3. Hopibear

lolzzz

4. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

For classes:
    -Shaman/Druid type or maybe some sort of magic caster based on nature
    -A melee class that has a faithful companion animal that can be ordered and can die but be resurrected
    -Summoner/Conjuror that can bring hordes of cannon fodder to the table
    -Shapeshifter like a werewolf, but well not :p

Of course, these would be all gnomes...

As far as monsters I think they have a plethora of resources to choose from. I'm sure with each new adventure they will be able to bring in all sorts of monster themes. Honestly, I would rather have variety in monsters and characters that are static than have them deal with tons of animations for only a handful.

Anyone know which D&D monsters are copyrighted?

5. Hopibear

Not sure if D&D monsters are copyrighted.
    I know that special characters ( appearing as monsters) Like tiamat are copyrighted.

6. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

For some reason I heard jokes about certain publications not being able to use the Beholder. I can't remember what the specifics were though. I would hope though, that WotC isn't as bad as Games Workshop. They seem to pull things off the internet a lot. I could be off base here though :) That happens a lot hehe

7. Hopibear

Yeah i think its because of a game called eye of the beholder.
    Think it was also a game from hasbro(WofC) Which used a beholder as a special character.
    Not 100% sure tho ^^.

8. Kvothe_Rocks!

Kvothe_Rocks! Kobold

It doesnt matter to me as long it fits within the canon of the game and there are alot of divergent types to fight! If Blu Manchu sticks close to D&D canon then bring on the purple worms and owlbears!:rolleyes:

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Doll mage, doll mage, doll mage! It will never happen, but I will support it anyway.

When it comes to monsters, I'm trying to imagine a gelatinous cube holding up a hand of cards.

10. iceburn91

iceburn91 Kobold

Class

Warrior
    Templar​
    Gladiator​
    Paladin​
    Barbarian​
    BeastMaster​
    Champion​
    Paragon​
    Reaver​
    Rift Blade​
    Void Knight​
    Royal Knight​
    Warlord​
    Highlander​
    Warmaster​

Mage
    Sorcerer​
    Spirit Master​
    Curser​
    Wizard​
    Elementalist​
    Archon​
    Chloromancer​
    Dominator​
    Necromancer​
    Pyromancer​
    Venomancer​
    StormCaller​
    Warlock​
    Witch​
    Mystic​

Priest
    Healer​
    Buffer​
    Monke​
    Cabalist​
    Druid​
    Inquisitor​
    Justicar​
    Purifier​
    Sentinel​
    Shaman​
    Warden​
    Conjuror​

Scout
    Assasin​
    Hunter/Ranger​
    Thief/Saboteur​
    Nigth Blade​
    Bard​
    Blade Dancer​
    Marksman​
    RiftStalker​
    Seeker​

Monster is easy to make just be creative. Search D§D, wow and that kind of games.​

11. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wow nice list!

12. Hopibear

indeed a nice list you posted iceburn91 I have a few to add

Warrior
    -beserker
    - Blademaster
    - engineer

Mage
    - Fury
    - Doomsayer
    - Trinketmaster

Priest
    - confessor

Scout
    - archer
    - Shade
    - Amazon
    -
    -

13. Sir Knight

Well, if you want to be that way about it, then just list *mancer for the magic category. Seriously. There're so many things people have made magical by now. Anyone a fan of Unknown Armies? Some dipsomancers might make for an interesting game . . .

14. FreakGlista

FreakGlista Kobold

What about mercenaries? They can fit into any class.

15. Imchuckbass

Imchuckbass Kobold

Pigeon-Rat Hobbit Men

16. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Bard.

Oh, and any class that has a sexy Elf chick option. ;)

17. Am wondering, obviously the game looks to be quite a dungeon crawler, is there much in the way that class effects any kind of rpg aspects? Or is it all combat based. Appreciate scope under current system is limited to rpg elements. Will alingnment effect class skills/item usage? If you ever played the game Talisman you will know what I mean where there was no rpg element but you could still play an evil character who would get an advantadge form certain things and a nerf from others e.g. if you went to the temple of doom as a good character there was a chance that you might be enslaved by the evil priests but if you were an evil character you would role to see if you got a bonus.

18. Sir Knight

I want to reply more here, because I love brainstorming about monsters and such, but I'm not sure what to say.

To be honest . . . what I "would like to see" from monsters is not so much the super-weird, as the completely normal. Like what the main site is showing off: "Lizardman Cleric," "Kobold Miner," and so on. Why? Because we're not going to face these old, familiar characters on an old, familiar field of battle. Instead, we're going to learn something we've never known: how a Lizardman builds a collectible card deck.

We know these characters, but we don't know how they "play Magic." That alone gives them appeal: an appeal that a "Flybsurggian Amoebomancer" can't have. The creativity that would go into inventing the "Flybsurggian" species could be impressive, yes, but I'd rather some creativity went towards giving personality to our old RPG friends.

skip_intro likes this.
  19. Zenebar

Zenebar Kobold

Gnomes!

20. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Good point and well made. I'd love to see lots of the old White Dwarf / Fiend Folio monsters making an appearance, but as Sir Knight says, the familiar monsters are all getting a new spin which makes the game anew without having to code some esoteric beasties into the mix.