What happens when you leave the characters

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, Nov 28, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

What happens when you leave the characters

Story:
    Melvin and Karen have just finished duelling off the new Mauve Manticore and left to get some snacks, but as they leave, their character box's lids lift up and pouring out come figures after figures!

v1
    What happens when you leave vbattle.jpg
    v3
    What happens when you leave vbase.jpg

Epilogue:
    You defeat the Melvin's captains and ensured that your table-flipper didnt die!
    You only start to celebrate when the living-room door opens... GET BACK IN THE BOX!!!

• If a character draws Laser Spray from Radioactive Bite then half the cockroaches will die.
    • Use the cats as scouts - they are very powerful, fast but have low HP - their Psychic Barrage is very powerful if used correctly.
    • If you are able to Hurricane the Hyper Thalamus off the board in v2 then you are pretty much guaranteed a win.
    Focus down the Demons - it is possible to win on round two (maybe one but my record is round two at the moment) but make sure not to lose the Hyper Thalamus, what I am trying to say is Zerg Rush the demons and try blasting them with the cats for 10+ dmg.

Please give feedback on:
    1. Which version you like the most
    2. How to improve on the maps
    3. Balance (its a bit easier for the player then ai)
    4. New name for the map (preferably shorter)
    5. New story/epilogue (I am too tired to make a good one)
    6. Anything else (etc.)
    Thankyou! :)

Attached Files:

Han Lee likes this.
  2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I have never tried a custom scernario before, but that screenshot makes me want to lmao

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Played all three versions. All three were very easy, but random. I think the vbattle version was the most challenging (no instant wins from Hurricane).

The cats never did much. Sure, they could do insane damage if the demons get within range before you use Hurricane, but I never had the patience for that. And after you use Hurricane, you're lucky if even one ally is close enough to boost the attack.

I did not like seeing Open tiles that were not connected to the rest of the board. Is that only the vbattlewe version?

I do like the style. It's very confusing at first to figure out what is what, but you quickly realize it won't matter once you start playing the Hurricanes.

4. BlackVoidDeath

I am making another scenario - I hope it will look as crazy as this one :)
    I wouldnt say that using Hurricane gave you an instant win, but it gave you an advantage for sure.
    That is true, but if you get lucky you can get 15 dmg off on a demon - which is half its health!
    Yes it is just the vbattlewe version - the vbattle and vbase do not have open tiles on the dice.
    Hahahaha :D and yeah I guess it would be confusing at first glance and if you play at 10 animation speed when you use Hurricane... burrr its confusing.

Anyway, thanks your comments but I would like some feedback on how to improve, if you have some time to spare.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Omg, it's kinda like Toy Story, so first thought is Model Story (since they're models, right?)
    I can't wait to try this one. BVD, remind me to test this next time you see me online, please?

6. BlackVoidDeath

I dont know why Toy Story came to your mind, but its good to see that you like the look of it :)

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Awesome maps, BVD! :)

8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Toy Story is all about what the toys do when Andy isn't around....and when he shows up, it's all "quick, Andy is coming"!
    Just a thought...

9. BlackVoidDeath

I guess you are right - I just thought your comment came from looking at the screenshot, not reading the Epilogue.

10. BlackVoidDeath

Created a few harder versions:
    we=with extra (open terrain)
    h=hard (3 spiders per group instead of 4)
    v=very (no player respawn)

Attached Files: