Very Unreliable Block

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by skip_intro, Jan 16, 2013.

1. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Was stabbed by the Lizardmen (ouch!) whilst holding Mail, Reliable Hide and Unreliable Block.

The armour both triggered, but the block did not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think it's a facing / cover issue, but that's the only thing I can think of.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Based on the picture that is clearly the front at least if the grey on stabbed you.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Can you only block attacks directly in front of you?

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

No you can block attacks from all directions except your back.

5. MrMojoRisin

Maybe piercing damage ignores block?

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You turn to face people after they attack you. Unfortunately, the picture cannot help us right now.

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

D-d-d-d-dumbass award goes to le me!

Also no damage type specifically ignores block or armor that is based on the cards and keywords.

8. MrMojoRisin

LOL, it's ok.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Actually now i was being a dumbass again... poison ignores armor non of the other types ignore armor or blocking ... Think before you post you silly dimwit me!

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I hadn't changed facing, I set myself facing forward at the end of the last turn.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Beta testing is challenging for Card Hunter...I have never before encountered so many interaction chains in one swift brutal action.... :D Boggles the mind, I'll say..

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hmm, yeah, I can't see any reason that the Block shouldn't have triggered unless, as was mentioned, you were facing away before the attack happened. Let us know if you see something like this again?