[updated] We are no longer experiencing login issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pengw1n, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Edit: Everything is now back to normal.

S̶a̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶u̶s̶t̶r̶a̶l̶i̶a̶ ̶(̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶3̶.̶4̶5̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶)̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶.̶ ̶

O̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶a̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Jayce, Dwarftastic and Flaxative like this.
  2. Dwarftastic

Dwarftastic Kobold

I started playing after the Yogscast's first video, and while I'm endlessly happy to have found such an awesome game from my favorite Youtubers, I do feel like the Yognau(gh)ts may have crashed the servers. >.>; Too quote the description of the first video they did: "You can try Card Hunter for free here (unless you guys break the servers)"

kogi and Bandreus like this.
  3. legendofzub

legendofzub Kobold

Just like Heroes and Generals XD

4. Sunago

Sunago Kobold

If it's due to the yognaughts then as one of them I'd like to shout out a big "Sorry we broke your game!" to everyone.

5. Dwarftastic

Dwarftastic Kobold

The Yogscast: Crashing servers since before it was cool.

kogi, Jayce, Bandreus and 3 others like this.
  6. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

It has never been cool to crash games! :confused:

7. Pengw1n

At least they're crashing games with enthusiasm rather than intention.

Jayce and Sunago like this.
  8. Sunago

Sunago Kobold

So basically......we've been doing it since the beginning and still waiting for the hipsters to catch up.

Jayce likes this.
  9. legendofzub

legendofzub Kobold

You've obviously never seen Trucking Tuesday.

Jayce, Dwarftastic and Sunago like this.
  10. Dwarftastic

Dwarftastic Kobold

*sniffs and sheds a single tear* Oh, the glory days of Trucking Tuesdays..

Regardless, I do hope it's fixed soon. Seems too have crashed at the worst time possible, as well.

kogi and legendofzub like this.
  11. legendofzub

legendofzub Kobold

Nah, worst time would be right after he fell asleep :p

12. Fyra

Oh! Good thinking! Best to have dibs on such things as crashing servers.

13. Stop moaning. The Yogscast gave this game the exposure it needed. No doubt Card Hunters will get a lot more premium players from the free advertising they got from one of the most popular gaming channels on the internet. Calling a group of people "hipsters" and referring to them as catching up is a little ironic, considering it's usually the "hipsers" that are "cool", "unique" and do things first. How about you admire the growth of the game you play rather than complain when the game becomes "mainstream". The game will only get better with more support. :|

14. Fyra

Please read whole thread.

15. I did read the whole thread. Admittedly I may have confused myself over the "hipster" comments but I have seen far too many people complain about the server crashing and not nearly enough people highlighting the good points of said crashing.

16. Pengw1n

I think most people were joking around to be honest. Not much hostility or complaining here at all, and I believe the person who posted the "hipster comment" is one of our new Yognaughts if I'm not misstaken, so it was probably not meant the way you interpretted it.

legendofzub likes this.
  17. It's usually more difficult to interpret people online. It's just frustrating when you find a game that fits your interests perfectly then the next minute you're being blamed for the servers crashing. >_<

18. Dwarftastic

Dwarftastic Kobold

Aye, it was refering to my comment about how the Yogscast tends to cause serves to crash when they do videos about online games. Merely a joke about a joke.

19. Fyra

Nobody is taking it negativly though, so you neednt feel like a victim, good sir. Im one of the old players and ive been chanting positivly about all the new players since the yogs. Maybe even doing a bit of happy dancing!

20. Aha, very well then! It's good to see the community aren't all elitists like most newly discovered gems. I don't feel like a victim, I just don't like feeling unwelcome. :)