Two "New" bugs in Steam client (and an old one)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by battlezoby, Jul 14, 2021.

1. battlezoby

battlezoby Ogre

One
    My Steam Cadhunter game/client just lost it's toolbar and other Window decorations under Windows 8.1.

I've played on thousand and thousands of maps and it's never flaked out that way before.
    It still runs, but the windows isn't centered, so I'm don't have access to the off-screen
    edges without restarting.

I don't remember if it was in "Full Screen" mode before that happened or not.
    If it was in fullscreen, then I guess the bug is technically that it moved, since
    it wouldn't have had any toolbar to lose

Two
    While doing one of the new adventures, my Steam Cardhunter game/client locked up during my draw phase.
    [Screenshot could be posted if requested.]

With regard to this also, I've played on thousand and thousands of maps and it's never flaked out that
    way SPECIFIC way before and most prior interface/client related bugs fell into different distinct patterns.

BTW... regarding an "old" Steam Client Bug
    Client sometimes partially locks up until something appropriate is clicked; more specificly
    in Ranked the screen looks like it's on my opponents turn, but when I finally click something
    [almost anything, but there are exceptions] it suddenly switches to being my turn visually.

In theory, this can cause one to lose the match in that one is losing time from their turn
    without knowing it until afterward.

I often just use the Scroll-up on the mouse to try to view cards every 15 or so seconds as a
    workaround for this. If other people are having the same problem and it isn't corrected,
    it might be a good idea to offically disclose this as a workaround. [But probably not worth
    an offical mention if there's little hint of other people getting it. Over the years, I've had at
    least one person I didn't know personally mention this bug to me, but certainly not more than
    8 to 10 people mentioned it to me or anywhere that I noticed.]

I don't remember if this bug was ever offically reported this before.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Sir Veza likes this.