Top bar problem

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Zalminen, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Almost forgot to post an actual bug report about this one.

In the arena fights, there were a couple of times when the top bar showing the enemy cards stopped showing up properly:

[​IMG]

This happened several times during the fight. It did return to normal after the enemy played more cards though.

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Same here. I don't know how long it took me to notice the problem, so I can't say if it started at the beginning of a round, or during switches between programs, or what.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yowch, I'd sure like to know how to repro this.

4. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

So far that was the only fight where it happened. If I see it again, I'll try to note anything that might be related.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Do you recall if you resized the window at any point? That's the only thing I can guess could affect this.

6. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Could be, it was a while ago so I don't remember exactly. I do know I was constantly alt-tabbing back forth though.

7. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

Same thing happened to me. Last stage of 'The Jeweled of Alet Zhav' adventure. Is the first time that happens to me. It fixed after a few turns, but names stayed bugged for the rest of the match.

[​IMG]

BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,PlayAction,Action,Wall of Fire
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (9, 5)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (8, 5)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (8, 6)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Actor,Deltoid,Event,Move,Origin,(8, 5),StartFacing,(0, -1),Destination,(9, 4),EndFacing,(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Shambling Bash
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Meriar, health = 22 (pi:0, gi:0, ai:0) blocks Shambling Bash
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Shambling Bash was cancelled.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=imMara drew Parrying Strike for Meriar
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Group,Meriar,Event,Discard,Card,Shield Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=The active player is now imMara
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,PlayAction,Action,Parrying Strike
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Deltoid took 8 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Actor,Deltoid,Event,Move,Origin,(9, 4),StartFacing,(0, -1),Destination,(10, 3),EndFacing,(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Shambling Bash
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Meriar, health = 22 (pi:0, gi:0, ai:0) blocks Shambling Bash
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Shambling Bash was cancelled.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Group,Meriar,Event,Discard,Card,Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=The active player is now imMara
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,PlayAction,Action,Wall of Fire
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (10, 3)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (10, 4)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Wall of Fire to (10, 5)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Infected Bite
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Meriar took 6 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Attaching Infected Bite to Meriar
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=imMara passed.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Actor,Deltoid,Event,Move,Origin,(10, 3),StartFacing,(-1, 0),Destination,(11, 3),EndFacing,(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Ladale took 9 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,Gary,Actor,Ladale,Event,Move,Origin,(12, 3),StartFacing,(-1, 0),Destination,(13, 3),EndFacing,(-1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=imMara passed.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=All players passed, action phase complete.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Scoring Phase: initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Discard Phase: initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Arkand needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Alet Zhav,Scenario=Tomb of Alet Chav,Msg=Player,imMara,Event,SelectCardRequired,Selections,Rusty Armor|Run|Resistant Hide

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Happened for me too, round 10 of ritual core. Clues: killed the other two geomancer types in the previous turn and the resizing occurred immediately after the next round started. You can see from the pic that the other two bars are hidden behind the active one and words got overlapped. Meaning its not strictly a resize but a stage layer error ? Attached the game log for that adv, hope it helps :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Happened again, battle GOBW 1281, about 0:35 GMT+2

Hadn't resized the window, did alt-tab away and back earlier but the top bar was fine until I clicked Pass.
    As everyone drew cards, the top bar went like that.

[​IMG]

Here's the battle log:
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Turn Complete
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Starting round 4
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,AttachmentExpired,Attachment,Healing Presence,AttachedTo,Mizana
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Detaching and discarding Healing Presence from Mizana
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,AttachmentExpired,Attachment,Altruism,AttachedTo,Silvershield
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Detaching and discarding Altruism from Silvershield
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,Draw Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Gary drew Run for Goblin Grunts1
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Gary drew a card for Goblin Grunts1
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Run for Agreyn
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Chop for Agreyn
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Strong Chop for Agreyn
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Run for Mizana
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Cautious Sneak for Mizana
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Unstable Bolt for Mizana
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Walk for Silvershield
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Powerful Bludgeon for Silvershield
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Zalminen drew Bash for Silvershield
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Event,Action Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Goblins in the Woods,Scenario=Tree Forts Glade,Msg=The active player is now Zalminen

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

This is happening consistently for me in Melvelous 3rd adv. After killing all the traplings, burning fiend and orcs, Melvelous deck is fully extended after draw phase. I've done this adv three times and its been the same adv and same situation. Reproduced regardless of fresh relog or if game has been running for a while.

[​IMG]

My observations:
    a) Melvelous had cards in hand prior to draw phase.
    b) deliberately not engaging Melvelous and passing the turn consistently forces Melvelou's deck to extend as long as (a) is valid.
    c) If Melvelous's hand is emptied prior to draw phase, the deck does not extend. This is likely due to the fact that he only draws 4.
    d) During the turn, at any point in time when his deck drops to 4, the deck resets to proper length.
    e) The number of cards in his hand affects the length of his extended deck (see pics above).
    f) If I kill one of the other minions during a turn and Melvelous' hand is greater than 4, the extension happens instantly.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I'm getting this consistently again...in (a) Against the Cockroaches: Morvin's Revenge and (b) Goblins in the Woods: Grunt Patrol

(a) is a trifle different from above...the deck extends even if I do not kill all the other cockroaches.

(b) is similar but except that the deck extension happened for Goblin Grunts when all the other minions are dead.

In all cases, the deck is extending when I'm facing 4 different types of minions. Facing 2 types of cockroaches + door + Morvin in (a) and 3 types of Goblin Grunts + Goblin Hulk in (b).

Lemme know if you have problems with repro. My monitor horizontal res: 1366

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Logged and will look at.