Thougths about deckbuilding

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Macizo, May 18, 2016.

1. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Have you wondering why some decks with almost the same items perform complete deferent.

When i mean almost the same, i say that the core (the most important ones) still present. I see this effect in my builds.

Your deck idea its not working? Maybe you need to change a single item.

This is my proccess( not the only)

First.
    You need to identify the issue, like this warrior cant reach the wizard or priest and when he can he just out of fuel, or my wizard keep diying and cant escape when threaten, or this vamp hardly enters in combat.

Second.
    Find a solutiĆ³n, like that fancy goat boots maybe cant let your wizard scape or that warrior need a diferent support from the priest or wizard.

Third.
    See it working and find new issues, if the same issue persist you did something wrong. Go to step 2.
    If a new one appears go to step 2.

If no one appears congratz you make a top tier team.

Share your ideas.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Use one elf warrior with penetrating attacks (5 x Implaing Stabs, 2 x Laser Thrust sounds enough). Put teleport on the elf for rushing the elf or retreating. Always keep Officer's Harness on him as the last card if running an Assegai.

Use Human Priest with Range 8, Heal 8 (Greater Heal) and make sure that she always maintains the LoS. Also equip some Purging Bursts. Use Altruism for Maximum Card Draw (If you draw 5 Greater Heals in a single round then you always win ;) ). Also equip some Leadership on the Priest to negate bad draws.

Use one wiz Dwarf or Human. Equip Illusion, Lots of control and attachment cards.

General strategy of the game depends on what you keep after each round.

If maps are small then equip control on the warrior with the help of lunging bash, pressing bash, parry and violent spin and equip heartripper and boil armor on the wiz and also a jump back. Priest remains same. If possible attach Frenzy Aura and Range 2 attacks on the priest.

3. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Well, here we go for some specifics, i will try to add new examples.

This was one of my attemps to make 2 Vibrant pain users:

[PoF] Rothweron I
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

[PoF] Thildhilan
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

[PoF] Mindhilmaees
    Level 10 Elf Priest

In paper i see it pretty solid, but in practice suffer a lot.

My issues about it:

1. My priest need to be in range 3 to inspiring presence, so he get trapped on fire of enemys wizards often.
    2. Inspiring is good vs burst but if you dont draw they fast (or kill them fast), burst gonna outrace you.
    3. My warriors always can catch up the enemys but most of the time get out of fuel.
    4. My entire party suffers from three buffed burst (that eat almost all its life)
    5. On some maps my priest get to behind, and that limited my range of play

How do you would solve it?
    What do you add or remove to make it better (thinking in all items)

I will add my findinds and his evolution in this idea later.

Edit: i would update with decklist on monday. I will glad to hear yours thougths how to improve it

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Alvarr, trrst and Master Goo like this.
  4. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Macizo likes this.
  5. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Well, my first attemp was using 2 dwarf warriors, using an human priest and sprint team.
    Using some purgues and using greater heals, but the become too slow, even if the draw sprint team.

[PoF] Hohtel
    Level 21 Human Priest

[PoF] Barazgrog
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

[PoF] Ogrikarag
    Level 21 Dwarf Warrior

6. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Yes, the build looks pretty standard build and looks like it cannot withstand burrft, and I don't know how you play this build. I may as well stop commenting here and affect your gameplay any further but if I were to comment then I would say that your build looks like a fast paced build and even the sprint, team won't get you close before you run out of heals.

Here is my build:
    Elf Warrior:
    Starknife
    Double-Edged Sword
    Assegai
    Captain Cedric's Helm
    Dependable Mail
    Boots Of Safety
    Parrying Buckler
    Cautious Mobility
    Superb Impaling

Human Wiz:
    Illusion
    Pearwood Staff
    Blood Locket x 2
    Phantom Pain
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Electroporter Novice
    Vulnerable, Walk, Team, Bloodied Block human skill
    Goat Boots
    Forgot the robes but trait cycling should do I guess.

Human Priest:
    Purging Mace
    Tricky Stab x 4, Bad Luck x 2 Divine Weapon
    Twisting Shield
    Purging Pauldrons
    Medical Kit x 3
    Advanced Piety
    Leadership human skill
    Boots Of Safety

I hope I made my point. It kind of gets boring though because of high reliability and dominance

P.S.: I can't login due to connection issues.

Macizo likes this.
  7. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

hi,

this is my solution to these problems, and i say my, cause that the things work for me may not work for you and viceversa.

[PoF] Ogrikarag
    Level 21 Dwarf Warrior

[PoF] Galklinka
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

[PoF] Rothweron I
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

They still have some issues, but the most important ones are covered.

Still i would like to use some purgues.

Issues scovered:
    1. My priest need to be in range 3 to inspiring presence, so he get trapped on fire of enemys wizards often. (covered with greater heals, and martyrs blessings)
    2. Inspiring is good vs burst but if you dont draw they fast (or kill them fast), burst gonna outrace you. (covered by removed inspiring adding some heal and some tech blocks against disorienting block, laser blocks and bloodied)

3. My warriors always can catch up the enemys but most of the time get out of fuel. (covered by blessing, they give time or cards, any of them its good for you)
    4. My entire party suffers from three buffed burst (that eat almost all its life) (covered by some high hp characters)

5. On some maps my priest get to behind, and that limited my range of play (my priest have much more range that most of the time no need to get close)

With this build i got at 1891 in elo.

Well, i would like some comments i dont know if this is helpping someone or im wasting time.

8. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

I would experiment with Nova Axe in place of Starknife if really going after purges.

Macizo likes this.
  9. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I tried, but the important blind rage its missing, sure i can get some ramdom purgues but it not (at least for me) compensate.
    I may try it if i change the elf warrior a little, but i find it efficient now.

10. <TueNichtGut>

<TueNichtGut> Kobold

Hey Macizo. Great build! i wished i had 2 Evensong too. I run 2 elf warriors exactly build like yours with good effort. i might have a small adjustment for the priests boots:
    Use reckless boots instead of toad. >> effect: much better movement and u dont discard the high attacks from evensong but cant attack one turn, so much better trait.
    Have fun TueNichtGut

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.