Thematic Trio

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by j3st3ri, Nov 18, 2016.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Castle Mitternacht introduced so many cool new items and cards that it inspired me to create the following team. The only purpose for me to create it was thematical; It doesn't necessary work very well in SP or MP.

My rule when creating these was if the character has a named item, that character has to have all the items with said name. (eg, Count Yurik's Rapier, Slippers and Teeth) No need to fill all the slots with duplicates, as long as you have at least one of said item.

Also all the items are from Castle Mitternacht and all the characters are lvl 18.

COUNT YURIK (elf priest)

Count Yurik's Rapier
    Count Yurik's Rapier
    Nightstalker's Shield
    Ghoul's Rags
    Count Yurik's Slippers
    Countess Jovana's Talisman (token of spouse's affection?)
    Count Yurik's Teeth
    Andrei's Chiropteran Bundle
    Focused Rapidity
    Focused Vampirism

VampiricA.png

VAMPIRE KNIGHT (elf priest)

Vampire Knight's Embrace
    Vampire Knight's Embrace
    Nightmetal Shield
    Vampire Knight's Plate
    Vampire Knight's Greaves
    Relic Of The First Vampire
    Nightsucker's Goblet
    Vampire's Teeth
    Drow Rapidity
    Advanced Vampirism

ElfPriestM04A.png

VOLKOV (human warrior)

Pitchfork Of Shelter
    Pitchfork Of Shelter
    Pitchfork Of Shelter
    Volkov's Warmask
    Volkov's Shifting Shield
    Volkov's Impenetrable Hide
    Volkov's Boots Of Pillage (notice the skin below)
    Alpha Positioning
    Reckless Lycanthropy

LycanthropicA.png

The only reason why I chose vampires to be elves is because they have that awesome skin available. Werewolf is human, because there are human skills with howls.

Maniafig and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Pretty nice. They look quite powerful, though Volkov needs to brush up on his damage dealing ability.

Also, this might interest you.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Actually, this board is probably a better place for my post, so I'll repeat it here:

Now that the test server is back up, I can finally get started making MP parties based on CM characters. We'll start with the Tyrannical Triad:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Countess Jovana
    Level 18 Elf Priest

Count Yurik
    Level 18 Elf Priest

St. Hedvig the Black
    Level 23 Human Priest

I wanted Hedvig to be a wizard (for Ethereal Form and Ancient Grudge), but all her items are for priests. I'm glad I could fill every slot with CM items without using any items named after other chars or using any good-aligned cards. Note that a full set of Hedvig gear would require 5 major tokens.

I was going to do that myself (in both directions), but wasn't sure how obvious it would be, so instead I just filled as many slots as possible with the char's own name.

I wanted Yurik to be a dwarf for symmetry (and his name sounds dwarvish), but none of the dwarf priest figures look remotely vampiric (only the AotA one even has a cloak).

j3st3ri likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yurik and Jovana are elves.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Volkov's problem is that he spent all his major tokens on armor slots, which is a shame because Howling Pain would be perfect for him. Another problem is that there is only one CM minor token weapon without Silver attacks. So I've decided that Yvette was the betrayed, not betrayer.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Volkov
    Level 11 Dwarf Warrior

Vampire Knight
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Dr. Frictor Vankenstein
    Level 11 Dwarf Priest
    I'm having trouble thinking of ideas for Spirit themed chars... maybe one could be the Corpse Bride of Vankenstein? (for the staff and figure)

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Of course, that's not the proper Cardhuntrian term for "dead wife"...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Widowerer Vankenstein
    Level 21 Human Wizard

Lord Makhail
    Level 18 Dwarf Wizard

Alpha Werewolf
    Level 9 Human Warrior