The Yogscast goes Cardhunting

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, May 30, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

146k views and counting.
    According to @Farbs's meta site, looks like approximately 125 new players have recorded ranked games in the last day...

3. GayGoatGuy

GayGoatGuy Kobold

Nice, finally we get more people playing this nice game. I like to have new opponents.

4. It is about time this game starts getting some of the recognition it deserves.

Seems some of the new players have been trying to jump the gun and try multiplayer before they finish Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison. I've kindly informed quite a few of them that they should really finish that module before making the jump into multiplayer.

Bandreus, kogi and Farbs like this.
  5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Awesome, I think the last YT star covering CH was Total Biscuit, right? But that months ago.

This is exactly the kind of coverage CH needs! Can't wait to see lots and lots of new people joining the community. Fresh Meat!

6. Pengw1n

Yeah, that was actually how I found out about the game. It was quite a while ago in October 2012 (time capsule for kicks), CH hadn't even entered beta if I recall correctly.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Bandreus likes this.
  7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

250K views, and counting :) Be sure to share the video with your friends!

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

edit: removed because kind of off topic

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Who hasn't been to and seen MP yet, here's how it looks like at the moment:
    pic.png

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

500 new players have recorded ranked games since the video went live

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

EPIC UNICORN!

12. Pengw1n

Guys, don't make this an agenda thread. These discussions already occur in several other places (and you know it). Let's celebrate the attention, since it's positive for everyone, and keep discussions about the weight of sp/mp, balance et c in those other threads where it's already ongoing.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Edit: OOPS! Sorry Pengw1n. Removed.

14. Pengw1n

I moved the posts regarding "the new player experience" and growing the MP scene to a separate thread in feedback. Feel free to participate! Those of you who already edited your posts before I got the chance to move them, feel free to repost there.

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Made a ninja edit to the wiki main page to show this, thanks. :)

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You might want to swap "free multiplayer team" for "free Starter Pack" as newbies don't know what that is. Also mentioning that the team is needed to be able to play multiplayer at all would probably help.

17. Pengw1n

Part II is up (and part I is at around 400 k views)!

Also, you know you've played too much CH when your fingers are itching to equip better gear for Simon...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  18. Stargazer86

Stargazer86 Kobold

Heh, I just kept thinking "You have a second weapon slot! You have a second weapon slot! Don't sell the... you sold the sword! Grah!"

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Feels like Scotchegg would make a nice mascot of publicity simply based on his YT view count. If only there was a way to incorporate him into the login screen... ;)

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

1200 new players have recorded ranked games...