the wannabe priest burster

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by ciopo, Sep 3, 2015.

1. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

vamp chick
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

brooder
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest

goth wannabe
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Food for thoughts?

The two vamps are, well, vamps, I feel they are solid enough, not sure where I can improve, boots maybe? maybe spend that token elsewhere ? I'm kinda undecided between those boots or using mouse boots and jet armor, but in the end decided against the traveling curse. I've been considering energizing move or any other stuff that make those slowpoke dwarves move a bit faster, in the end I think those ones are a good mix?

Are 8 savage curses on the burster too many? it's just I'm so sad when I don't draw any for the bombs :(, as much sad as when I dont' draw bombs, if I had a second atomic console I would probably drop an iljin, I'm also considering Mckay's Energy Cube, which at least hasanother nice unholy energy and an okish healing blessing , 7 bombs and 5-6 savage curse would be preferable for sure but I gotta settle for what I have.

I'd have more burster if I had more cursed radcannons but I don't so I won't, 2 major for 1 bomb is just not work it

2. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

random thoughts :
    aegis of the defender, it's my go-to shield for priest but these are aggressive priests, maybe I could drop it for the good old parrying buckler/hexagon shield and maybe upgrade the vamps to 3x talented healer? or perhabs a shiny cushioning armor armor, vile zod or stargod seems prime candidates, even the good old martyr mail or burnished plates are palatable.

perfect ferocity and dwarven cry : well, I really really like having 2x frenzy aura to have a good chance of getting at least one, dwarven war cry, tell the truth confirmation bias I was feeling I was always getting matched to 2x elf warrior plus an human priest so I thought "yay free card draws with no drawback!", but OF COURSE now that I'm playing it I'm finding myself against 3x dwarves all the time :(

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

10 Savage Curse? Why give up card advantage so frequently.
    You should have 3x Talented healer trait for sure, at least on 1 or 2 of them.
    More Invigorating Touch (try Vampire Blades and Draining Console) and probably want more Martyr's Blessing less Savage Curse.

I get you are trying to use the Rad Bombs to be deadly, but I don't see that being consistent enough to give an edge, but the surprise of this build is sweet.
    A nice synergy is from the Mutation Cube you get a Rad bomb and an Invig Touch and while the Healing touch is not great it can either be used as a Cantrip if Talented Healer is on, as Savage Curse fodder, or just a bit more healing when things get tough. I would try to keep less Savage Curse than you have Rad bombs total in the build.

I haven't had much experience with Cushion Armor but it is a bit of a min/max item. Against wiz (especially fire wiz) it is basically worthless, but against heavy hitters it is special.

4. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

well the bleneth are thre because those are the bleneths I have :3 they are there for mass frenzy for the two vamps not for the savage curse for the bomber :p
    I think I would put on a second drop console on the bomber if I had it, 7 bomb and 5-6 savage on one char sound about right ?
    I don't think vampire blade would be an improvement over chalchu hammer ? Ok, I'd be freeing up a token, but at the loss of anti-block tech and less range on the vamp stuff.
    What would youhave me drop for the 3x talented healer thing? the aegis? the extra frenzy aura? cantrip attack is strong, no doubt about that, but an extra chance of having penetrating is a big thing in my books.
    I could see dropping the aegis to a parrying buckler tho, they are going to melee anyway, being vamp wannabes

5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I can see your difficulty about the 4th yellow token and not having the Focused Healer, but it is such an edge. I think giving up the Frenzy is tough, but my question is the nunchuck worth it? I know I know it is sweet, but not worth 2Y on a true Vamp build (I've been struggling with buying one since it is in my Randimar's) since yellow tokens are so valuable. The Aegis annoys me, 2 Defenders is awesome, but for a Y AND drawing a weak chop irritates me. I get that with the right buffs it is not bad, but not what I want from my shield... however better players than me disagree.

If you change the Dwarven Skill you can get an extra Blind Rage without a token, trade-off for the Frenzy Aura, improve your cantrip opportunities a lot and still have the Aegis and the nunchaku and upgrade to to Jet armor (Wellspring).
    OR you can replace the Nunchuk upgrade your Priest Skill and get a Draining Console AND have an extra token for armor to use on the Jet Armor which add a Wellspring for your bomber.

Personally I would still swap out the hammer for the vamp blade. The 4 weak draining attacks are meh, you get 2 more traits can upgrade to the Jet armor and in total wind up with 3 more traits although risking more self damage.

6. ciopo

ciopo Orc Soldier

My dislike for invigorating touch comes from it being range 1, I almost always run mouse boots so range 2 is a big deal better than range 1 because it means I can move and attack, especially so if it's a frienzed penetrating laser whip to the rear side of something.
    Supposing I drop chalchu hamemr to tokenless I'd be tempted to use atlatl of zuma over vampire blade, for example.
    For argument sake, say I switch chalchu to vampire blade to free up the minor, so I can drop the darkforce nunchaku to something major-minor and have a major for focused healer.
    I have 1 major and 2 minor leftover now, I guess I could put a mutation cube instead of badjeera relic, that leaves space for a second weapon at 2x minor but I don't seem to have any worthy vamp item at that cost.. I could supposedly put the darkblood glaives on the two wannabe vamps instead of 1x on the bomber ? I could put in an extra bleneth while dropping 1 iljin, nad give him vampire blade with manifold healer

vamp chick
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

brooder
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest

goth wannabe
    Level 3 Dwarf Priest

so overall between the three characters :
    the two wannabe vamps got +1 talented healer, the bomber got manifold
    +2 bombs
    +1 savage curse
    -4 laser whip ( :( )
    +2 mass frenzy, +1 unholy frenzy
    -4 unnerving strike
    - 12 spear of darkness
    -4 sapping spear
    +7? invigorating touch
    -2 greater heal
    +2 healing blessing
    -1 triple heals
    +4 loner
    This feels weaker to me ? at the cost of repeating myself I really like having range 2 ... sparkling clothes works into it as well, I might as well drop down to mouse boots now, except flanking move now would just suck with almost 0 range 2 attacks :\

7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

You got a strat do what you do. Having 2 of the Nunchuks is pretty sweet. I have my share of the new epic/legendary items but haven't had the dark nunchuks.

I like more Invig. and martyrs blessing on a vamp you like more range 2 and buffing. I think the Frenzy aura is not worth the major token when you can have Blind Rage for free. If I were to make one swap I would leave the weapons, change the Dwarf Skill, to a 0 token 2 blind rage one, change the Priest skill and add Jet armor so you have the extra blind rage, the Wellspring and the third Talented Healer plus the Traveling Curse which is a good fit for a Dwarf Vamp. Try it on 1 of the 2 and see how you like it. I know the Frenzy Aura is awesome, but it can go away before you even use it and having more cycling is a plus in my book.