The Dwarven Expedition

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by DarkDain, Jan 6, 2013.

1. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Ok so i made my dwarf! YES! Wish i could change how he looks but im sure that'll come in the future.

For now and first off, Ommlet seems to be spelled wrong, its Ommlet on the manual and Omlet on the right side paper 'the streets of omlet'

Update: My dwarf makes painful grunting noises whenever hes hit, i assume this is a bug since dwarves are immune to pain and fear. After beating the three kobolds the mission text for The Forest Path says "Defeating the their ambush..." pick one !

Update: Typo in 'Tunnels into Darkness", says 'terorize' instead of terrorize. I know im going to be the least popular tester among the writers :(

2. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Kick him and pick me ! I`m nice! :D

3. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Ok so i got my dwarf priest, little surprised that its a girl, so i randomized some names and well.. They dont seem to reflect that its a female dwarf !

4. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

There are no female dwarfs.
    Baby dwarfs just pop out of holes in the ground.

Thirandras and Dhramund like this.
  5. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

You can change the gender of a character by buying an alternate "cardboard cutout" after the tutorial or so.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, gender makes no difference to characters and is just a function of their name and figure.

7. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Well as i was saying, the name randomizer didnt seem to reflect gender, unless you think female dwarves are ogres and derserve to be named 'blageburgbaba' :(

Heres a thing that just bugged me, fighting some imps, one of them that was defeated was still on the board for the most part, i actually thought he was still alive, they even still have HP left too.

@Cerebral Paladin, oh wow i thought pizza was like 10 for a 1$ since changing the avatar was 20 pizzas, thats quite steep, 11$ to buy 20 slices at once! I've paid 5$ for an avatar change on a simple 8bit character but i've got three avatars !

Maybe there should be Class or Race avatar packs ?

8. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Trying out some of the challenges now, the 'do it without dying' seemed like the obvious choice, i assume that the harder challenges offer better loot? Not sure what i think of that, it seems like i'll need to find special cards to attempt the 1 HP quests and if it offers better loot, i'd farm it once i have the correct cards. The quest with all drawback cards will require quite a collection just to start ! All warriors sounds reasonable.

9. Tess

Tess Blue Manchu

We definitely know about that one. I've got a screenshot of it, even. I think it happens every time on that one map. At least it's reproducible, which always makes a bug easier to kill dead!

10. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, I like the quests, but some of them are really hard. I can't even imagine doing the easiest 1 hp quest yet--you need some awesome armor and shields, plus massive offensive power. (I guess if you get a bunch of Guardian Angels in your deck you'll do okay, but wow.) No deaths and all X are quite doable.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I express no objections about meeting the kindred of Baba Yaga. I say nothing at all.
    If I understand correctly, the defeated tokens may be placed anywhere on the screen where the characters cannot go. That is: fully off the border of the map, or on impassible terrain outside the area of combat.

Gamers on a tabletop might do that, you know. In a videogame, where you aren't personally picking up the model and deciding where to store it, this might be confusing.

12. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I'm wondering if there will be all Cleric or all Wizard or all Racial ones too, going to have to train 2 extra characters just to do it, i guess i dont have too, these are one time things right ?

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Already saw one. They vary by module.

14. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

In White Skull Canyon (i assume you know the information on that paper is inaccurate, lvl 1-2 for 2 people and 2 battles? nope!) The goblin chieftain is covered in 'war point'

It also said chieftain, shaman and three minions but theirs only two which is a relief since these goblin grunts are so annoying to deal with.

UPDATE: ok after that battle my priest leveled, hes lvl 3 but i swear it said level 5 and he leveled up to 4 :confused: