Test Build 2.99.0 (9 Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

An interim build to test out our new SSL certificate. More work on co-op and some bug-fixes as well.

Figures
    • Fixed Burning Skeleton NW facing.
    Spectating
    • Spectators now see player names in all figure popups
    Tutorial
    • Gary now tells you about a slew of team management and team campaign events
    Co-op
    • Added player name to figure popup info for co-op team figures.
    • The loot fairy is especially kind to players who co-operate.
    • The hidden bandit gets more thoroughly ransacked by players who co-operate.
    • Rescinding team invitations on adventure start, warning via verification prompt first.
    • Finished building co-op battle rejoin
    • Fixed assorted team management and team campaign bugs
    • There are a few UI and feedback issues left, but I think that's all the co-op heavy lifting done! \o/ \o/ \o/
    Boards
    • Minor cosmetic fixes on Return to Astral Shrine boards
    • Minor cosmetic fixes on Manor ranked boards
    Multiplayer
    • Inactivity time outs should work in the case where the clock is running for the player not taking their turn.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is it possible for us to test SP co-op?

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Soon! But not yet.

There's a global server configuration switch we can flip to turn that feature on, but for now we're more worried about whether the changes I've made impact the game when the switch is off. Theoretically they shouldn't, but it doesn't hurt to check.

That said, we'll also want to start turning campaign co-op on for various test builds so we can run the new functionality through its paces. Our timeframe for that is fuzzy as always, but I'm aiming for some time this week.

Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  4. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

You may not be willing to get into details right now, but I'm curious about this. How will these work in co-0p? Will there be one set of loot that players will need to divide among themselves? And will the hidden bandit be changed so that it's not different for everybody?

Farbs likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

My completely uninformed guess would be that if the loot bandit would be present for any team member, it will be present for all. 50 player Co-Op would really rack up! Just a guess, though.

6. Farbs

It's quite simple, but still exciting I think. Whenever you would normally meet the loot fairy or hidden bandit, if you're in a team you get bonus loot. So, if you're an LF hunting regular you'll want to think about playing co-op for the extra drops. I expect we'll see a lot more LFG in the world chat.

More generally, if an adventure is not open for you or has already been completed by you that day then you don't get any adventure completion bonus. That means no treasure hunt rewards, no 2x extra uncommons, no loot fairy/hidden bandit, and no campaign progress. It's exactly the same as if you repeat an adventure now, with the bonus that if your team leader can access an adventure then you can play it too. This means you can play all the treasure hunt adventures without having to purchase them, so long as a friend who has purchased them is willing to run them with you.

Stexe, DunDunDun, Fifjunior7 and 3 others like this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm worried this might discourage players from hunting the fairy. Co-op takes a lot of effort to set up, and I expect actually completing adventures as co-op will take three times longer. So I expect many people will just wait until someone else finds the fairy before setting up their team.

8. Farbs

Oh, right, no I mean this as a feature for all the people who just wait for the tracker then play that one adventure.

Stexe likes this.
  9. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

But this LF change won't affect rewards from LF to single players, is this correct? What is exactly the bonus loot for co-op players?
    It looks to me this may hugely diminish incentive to buy treasure hunts by players (especially if player can get a reward with guaranteed epic item without purchasing the treasure hunt). I am not sure if this really is a good idea for Blue Manchu. Currently buying treasure hunts is the most attractive way to spend pizza for players focused on SP (after completion of quests/campaign there are no more (apart from LF/bandit) chest with guaranteed rare items, so club membership is not as awesome as it is for player participating in MP heavily).

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It depends on how this works. If the team leader has already run the adventure, I doubt the initial reward will trigger.
    If you can tag along with someone on the first run you might get the reward, but I doubt that will happen often.
    3 players using new accounts to play the entire campaign in Co-Op could be interesting, but would require a lot of organization and scheduling. Any advantage would depend upon how the special drops actually work.
    I'm very tired, and I hope this is coherent.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Merdis, @Sir Veza:

My understanding is that if you haven't bought a treasure hunt, but your friend has, you'll be able to play with them—but you'll just get 2 guaranteed commons on completion.

Stexe, Bandreus, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm curious what happens if you take a co-op team into a Mauve Manticore.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

In preparation for the Co-op release, I hope to see some improvements to the party/character management interface.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Has anyone tested if it's possible to reconnect to a co-op game?

15. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Yes Kalin, I have tested this and you are able to reconnect.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

When? I tried searching the prompts for "co-op" and "invite" and couldn't find anything.

Great! Did you check what happens if an entire team is disconnected at the same time?

17. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

No, we just tested individual disconnects. However, there are some bugs.

When you reconnect, you are able to continue playing, but your team chat disappears and you are unable to rejoin your team chat.

18. Farbs

The game does its best to portion out the characters. If there's no character for someone then they just get to watch and chat, if there are too many characters then some players get more than one.

The prompts are hard coded :)

If an entire team disconnects during an adventure then the team is disbanded. So, try not to do that unless you mean it.

Ah damn, thanks for the heads-up. I've probably set up half of the reconnect system to look for the campaign co-op flag, and half of it to run all the time.

Bandreus likes this.
  19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

More questions:

Does completing an adventure as co-op set completion flags for anyone?

What happens if you take a co-op team into a quest?

What happens if a teammate is using too many tokens?

How does the co-op save slot work? Can I use a char and items from my normal party in that slot?

What, exactly, can we test in this build?

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Farbs

I haven't been able to reproduce this @Fifjunior7 - does it happen all the time or just occasionally? Do you know of any specific conditions that make it happen reliably?