Test Build 2.55.1 (16 Oct 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Another build patch. One item to note is that you will no longer be able to replay the tutorial kobold adventures once you have moved past a level 3 or 4 adventure. These adventures were never intended to be replayed.

Also, if you enjoyed the Monkey Magic, Astral Tourney, Golden Shrine or Triple Duel leagues, these will be coming back with gold entry fees.

UI
    • Fix the location of the club menu.
    Adventures
    • Kobold adventures are removed from campaign map when player completes a level 3/4 adventure.
    • Patch to fix players who are in tutorial kobold adventures when they are closed.
    Items
    • Patch to award Jewel of Alet Zhav to anyone who has completed Alet Zhav.
    Story
    • Rewrote the Crundyup battle prompts.
    • Deleted some blank prompts.
    • Gary doesn't say "oh dear" any more.
    Cards
    • Added illustrations for Thin Clubbing Branch and Thin Bludgeoning Branch.
    • Restored missing range from Sorcerous Bolt.
    • Fixed overflowing short titles for quickness aura and thickened mail.
    • Fixed overflowing flavor text for Blind Rage.
    Chat
    • Fixed chat popup appearing unexpectedly on various battle end conditions
    • Added delivery failure notification when sending a message to a user who is offline
    Leagues
    • Added gold versions of monkey magic, astral tourney, golden shrine and triple duel leagues.
    Shops
    • Fixed the shop IDs for randimar's and daily deal (not used, but good to have them right).
    • Fixed a warning about Skarl's Seconds in MP shops.
    Friends
    • Added online status info to friends list
    • Added world entry notifications for friends

Fifjunior7, Sir Veza, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Super yay! Thanks, Jon!

3. Questor

Questor Ogre

Will it be possible to be /anon ?

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typo / prison rescue / battle 1 intro page:
    "Baron Morton's Daughter" -> daughter

The level 1 tutorial adventures are gone as specified.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The hint "You can replay completed adventures once every day." is outdated.

There very much should be a hint about how to view the line of sight from an empty square (Ctrl + right click the square).

Other hints:
    "make you immune to most of Melvelous's attacks" -> Melvelous' attacks
    "give your warrior step-attacks" -> step attacks (that's how they're written elsewhere -- except when they're written "Step Attacks" :))

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Men-at-arms are variously called that and "Men at Arms"and "Men At Arms" in scenario text, prompts and in the monster group heading and monster info popups. The dictionary term is "men-at-arms". I'd use "Men-at-arms" in titles and "men-at-arms" in text -- being a stickler for such things. If that was not already abundantly apparent.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

From the Adventures.csv file Description-column:
    - "Slub'Gut" -> "Slub Gut" (occurs twice)
    - "mages who impose their arance wills upon the very earth" Arance? Say what? Never heard that one and neither have the dictionaries I checked (I use Oxford and Merriam-Webster, both online).
    - The descriptions for "Against the Cockroaches" and "CardStock II Secret Preview" are empty. Is this really supposed to be so? I'm not yet at the point to be able to check how they look in the campaign.
    - "An old iron door near to Tvericus's tomb" -> Tvericus'
    - "to recover the fabled Jewel of Zhav's Eye" -- This is actually an item called "Jewel of Alet Zhav". Harmonise?
    - Shrine of the Astral Guardians - "You have learned that the fabled Onyx Jar lies in the bottommost hall in the mysterious Astral Shrine. Will you brave the gauntlet of the famously deadly Astral Guardians, to claim the priceless artifact?" -- There is no item like this. False advertising or a new item not yet created? Might cause some discontentment left like this. Ah, it's mentioned again in the "Return to the Astral Shrine" description. Sounds more like a planned thing, then.
    - "put an end to their theivery" -> "thievery." (note also the period, it was missing)
    - "has long lay in ruins" -> lain
    - "deterred by rampant slime creatures...and by the rumor" -> creatures... and (add space)
    - "this month's incredible reader created battles" -> reader-created
    - "the infamous Darkscalpel, who has" -> Blackhammer
    - "sieze Darkscalpel as your reward" -> seize Blackhammer

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  8. Jon

Great stuff, thanks Jarmo.

9. Jon

So I think the reason we haven't seen all those bugs before is that that text isn't used. Adventure descriptions are baked into the module covers and only shown for those that have the "noQuests" flag set (i.e. the Mauve Manticore adventures). I'm going to delete that text then, since is currently all ignored (except for fixing the hypenation in MM).

10. Some bugs:
    *The audio at the beginning of a match is out of sync with the card draw animations.
    *The Halloween Shop is directly over Mauve Manticore 3, preventing access to that module.
    *The level 1 modules are missing.

Attached Files:

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

12. Jon

I'll fix the halloween shop location thanks.

The level 1 modules are removed once you've completed a level 3/4 adventure.

Not sure about the audio problem. Do you have the same problem in the live build?

13. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I suspect the audio problem is just our regular first stream delay, however this would be much worse on the test server since it seems to stream assets more slowly. We could add the card draw sound to the preload group though.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ah, that explains especially the Darkscalpel and Onyx Jar stuff :).

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Good idea, but the message should be coming to me, not from me: