Test Build 2.47.0 (8 Sep 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Just a few more fixes. This build will be going live in a day or two if nothing else turns up.

Co-op
    • Added attention-grabbing portrait bounce for current participant in team play

Leagues
    • A few Monster Hunt balance changes.
    • Added Quick Draw Shrine and QD Chess for upcoming event.

Cards
    • Fixed move boosts not affecting group moves.

Chest Store
    • Purchased chests auto-open.

Mini-Store
    • Added storekeeper image to mini store.
    • Fixed a bug with dragging saleable items to stores.
    • Removed alt clicking shortcut as it doesn't work on Firefox.
    • Ensure that cards are positioned properly under price tag in battle chests.

Audio
    • Fixed voice audio for Kobolds and Astral Guardians.

World Map
    • Fixed hover-text for Skarl's Seconds.

BlackSabbath, Flaxative and Stexe like this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I'm really puzzled about the choice of maps for QD... you'd think you would want maps that don't favor one specific class, race, or card to be in QD. Both of these maps are extremely problematic in that they favor very niche things that random drafting doesn't lend itself towards. If someone gets a Teleport Self and/or Flash Flood on Golden Shrine they have an insane advantage over others. Similarly, wizards are very weak on Chess -- having a team of 2 or 3 wizards vs. all warriors/priests is going to be brutally difficult due to the restricted line of sight.

I think there would have been much better choices for QD maps, like any of the Tezkal Maps or Deep Forge.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How much will these leagues cost? For some reason, I really want to win these two.

4. Stexe

Pretty sure @neoncat has been waiting for these his entire Card Hunter life.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

BUG: The "Take All" button causes the game to freeze in Greenfang's Challenge (first chest).

Farbs likes this.
  6. Jon

Great, will fix, thanks.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Do you want us to test the new leagues before they go live?

8. Jon

Deployed a minor version update to 2.49.0:

Chests
    • Take all button is disabled in greenfang tutorial (whenever there's no inventory present).
    Shops
    • New players can't sell non-treasure via ctrl clicking in stores.

9. Jon

That would be great, if you have time. I'll schedule some now.

10. Jon

Scheduled a bunch of leagues with small pool size every 5 hours.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I agree. I just played two games against @tuknir on the test server, and whichever one of us had wizards lost badly.

I'll repeat my earlier suggestion: Quick Draw teams should not include duplicate races or classes. (You don't intend to have QD teams larger than 3, right?)

Stexe likes this.
  12. Jon

I hear you guys about the boards and I'll replace them with Deep Forge and Lost City.

Stexe likes this.
  13. Stexe

Yay! I know my balance stuff. :-P

Those are some of my favorite maps so I'm excited to try them out.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Even though deep forge has a 1st turn advantage to elves? (Victory squares 4 spaces away from spawn points.)
    Edit: To be clear I'm happy to play on whatever, just surprised that you like this one.

15. Stexe

I do like it because if they do rush up they open themselves up to Line of Sight from multiple spots.

Of course no map is perfect, but I find it is one of the best balanced ones from my perspective. Granted, that was last season though so who knows now.