Test Build 2.45.0 (2 Sep 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build introduces a new feature: the mini store. The mini store sits next to the chest and you can drag items directly from the chest into it to sell them. What's more, everything you sell here goes into a new shop: Skarl's Seconds. Skarl's Seconds will hold onto these items for at least 3 weeks and you can buy them back at the same price you sold them. So, this should make selling items you don't want easier and safer at the same time.

The mini store unlocks gradually as you play through the game, but all existing accounts are going to be set so that it's ready and usable straight away. New players will see it first during the tutorial but will only be able to sell treasure items until they hit renown 7. This is to stop players mistakenly selling non-treasure items during the early game, which they then find they need to complete the campaign. It won't affect existing players!

Mini Store
    • Mini store opens at renown level 2.
    • New players can no longer sell non-treasure items.
    • Ability to sell non-treasure is unlocked when opening chest at player level 7.
    • Added tutorial prompts to explain sale restrictions.
    • Alt click sells to the mini store.
    • Skarl's Seconds keeps items sold to the mini store for resale.
    Multiplayer
    • Removed Cave from the Core ranked set.
    • Added the six "core" MP boards into rotation (cave, forest, dungeon, bridge, temple and streams).
    Cards
    • Fixed missing name in deadly spark log text.
    • Removed overlapping flavor text on Defender's Block.
    • Added new card art for Catch Arrow, Disorienting Block, Flash Flood, Sapping Spear and Leap.
    Audio
    • Fixed audio keys for various immunity armors, surging shield block and hard to pin down.
    Figures
    • Added door portrait.
    Co-op
    • Fixed up some edge cases around team rejoin and user name change
    • Set up quick test path into co-op adventure battles (dev teams only for now sorry)
    • Increased draw count to 3 for 2 player adventure teams
    • Adjusted reconnect priority (now it's MP battle, then campaign battle, then team)
    • Co-op disconnection/reconnection work. You can now reconnect to your team when you log back in.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

The tooltip for Skarl's Seconds says "A rare shop", which doesn't seem accurate to it's function. Maybe "A secondhand shop" or something?

(Also, I love the new art and store!)

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Released a small update to 2.46.0:

Shops/Deck Builder
    • Fixed hover-text for Skarl's Seconds.
    • Fixed a bug with dragging saleable items to stores.
    • Removed alt clicking shortcut as it doesn't work on Firefox.
    • Ensure that cards are positioned properly under price tag in battle chests.
    • Better organisation of the mini store unlock tutorial prompts.
    Audio
    • Whirlwind Enemies plays the wind audio, not generic magic.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Skarl's is a definite improvement, thanks! Sorting drops as they happen will prevent the big build up from long farming runs. It isn't as big a time-saver as the Sell Excess button the 'speed freak' in me ("What? Don't slow down to count, just kill everything, then kill the next things!") desires, but it looks likes the other pieces are now in place. :)

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Speaking of Hover... I was thinking about how confusing it is that it ignores the top terrain attachment but not the default terrain attachment (thus if someone Smoke Bombs over difficult terrain Hover makes it ignore the Smoke Bomb but not the difficult terrain which is impossibly to see without a lot of work). Any idea if you could put a quick quality of life fix in where Hover ignores all terrain attachments and all terrain types making everything basic open terrain?

Also, I assume this is the first step to a "sell excess" eventually? Something that Skarl's Seconds will have a special button when visiting eventually? :-P

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

+1 to both.

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I was chatting with Jon in the test server about this build and he did offer that it is indeed his desire to create a sell excess button. (Though I will also add he did not note a time frame and I didn't ask; I very much doubt its the next thing on his plate, but I do suspect its on his short list.)

Lord Feleran likes this.
  8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You're almost a year late...^_^

9. Stexe

I've been complaining about it for a long time (probably about as long as that). I just remembered how annoying it was a game ago when it cost me a match -- that and when he just mentioned "hover."

And Flight lets you ignore Zone of Control -- Hover should just let you ignore terrain types... Doesn't seem like it would throw the game out of whack and it would make it less confusing.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Minor chest visual bug. Buy a simple chest, open it, take all/sell, click reset. Buy a magnificent chest, click open, the chest icon will be that of the simple chest. Only when clicking 'open chest' does the visual update to the gold chest image. Ditto for mag to epic, epic to simple etc...

I can ctrl-click in ffox to sell straight from chest/inv to mini-store fine.

11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Ok so about Hover:
    "You are not affected by terrain attachments other than blocking terrain."

So does hover ignore difficult terrain without any terrain attachments? Because according to the wording of Hover, you could consider that a bug.
    If hover does that, the text (and effect) should be changed to "You are not affected by terrain other than blocking terrain."

If hover doesn't do that, it makes sense. You can hover through fog or lava or whatever but if the terrain is difficult and trips you up...
    *EDIT* While amusing, I guess it is kind of stupid that any other non-hover character can walk through the smoke without being stopped.

Also, you can hover over lava/acid (to be fair, you can stand on "lava") but can you hover over Water terrain? It's not blocking terrain, it's impassable...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. UiA

UiA Ogre

Letting hover ignore difficult/impassable terrain would be giving it de-facto "fly", whether or not zone of control is in play, ignoring terrain is a huge advantage.. Besides it's pretty clear what it should do because the card explicitly states "terrain attachments" which are not the same as the map itself, rather I think its whatever a player/npc creates is considered an attachment and the existing underlying map is simply considered terrain, difficult, impassable or otherwise.

Thats a good point about impassable flash flood they should update the description probably just a remnant from when it was stone wall.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I guess Hover only works on solid ground? I guess if you step on the water you would sink like a rock.

14. Stexe

Well, I guess I should clarify that Hover should ignore terrain attachments except when beneficial to the user -- if someone puts terrain down to cover difficult terrain then the terrain should become normal for a person using Hover (since it is for people without Hover). That way it doesn't compete with Flight Aura -- it just doesn't have weird interactions that are confusing.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They could change the wording to say it only prevents beginning of round terrain effects. (This would mean Acid, Spikes, and Mud would still count as difficult terrain.)

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Sorry Kalin but that is dumb. What's the point of nerfing Hover so you can't get over Rockfall anymore? Friggin Geomancers..

Stexe likes this.
  17. Stexe

Keep Hover the way it is, just make it ignore difficult terrain if an attachment is on top -- that's all. It is a very minor buff and really just fixes weird edge case areas that are confusing (you can't even see the difficult terrain due to the attachment).

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is the idea I like most. There're definitely some unintuitive corner cases as is.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  19. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

There are still some weird corner cases in that rule - cast acid spray over map-level difficult terrain, and suddenly you can hover right through it.

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yes! Any square can only be 1!! thing at once. If it's acid, then it's not regular difficult terrain and you should be able to hover over it.