Test Build 2.38.2 (19 Aug 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

What may well be the final test build before the giant set of balance changes and new stuff goes live! Just a few more tweaks in this build, including some new balance changes.

Leagues
    • Added two quick draw leagues (Quick Draw Temple and Quick Draw Streams).
    Battles
    • Fixed being allowed to enter a game with an empty party in campaign and MP.
    • Added/reworded warnings when trying to enter a game with an empty party.
    • Party validity check ignores quick draw format (party not used).
    • Don't check party validity for fixed deck battles (fixed deck leagues, fixed deck custom, fixed deck adventure battles and greenfang).
    • Valid party check requires one character in the party, not three.
    Cards
    • Transferred cards are not revealed to opponent.
    • Cones iterate over furthest targets first.
    • Reworded lifesaving block rules text.
    • Reduced self-damage on Demonic Revenge to 4.
    • Flash Flood, Wall of Stone and Smoke Bomb are Utility cards.
    • Bad medicine heals 3 and poisons 3.
    • Team Run and Team Shift are moves, not pushes.
    • Short Perplexing Ray discards one card, then you move 1. Range increased to 4.
    • Renamed the new Acrobatic Flip to Disorienting Block.
    • Replaced Acrobatic Flip with Disorienting Block on all items.
    • Placeholder art for Disorienting Block.
    • Added back the old Acrobatic Flip for monster decks.
    • Fixed Beam of Hate flavour text.
    • Fixed rule text on Elven Trickery.
    • Added Free Move to Elven Trickery.
    • Fixed rule text on Help the Weak.
    Tutorial
    • Replaced Reliable Mail with Hardy Mail as first warrior armor in greenfang.
    Co-op/Teams
    • Added team chat panel w/ Member list and leave/disband buttons.
    • Enabled team invite buttons
    Deck Builder
    • Item counts account for item being dragged (fixes incorrect count while dragging).
    • Don't show item counts in figure store or tavern (they were incorrect).
    • Show correct item counts in premade party store.
    • Fixed a client side bug where deleting and adding characters in the tavern could mess up the party composition.
    Tutorial
    • Update tutorial flags re: party when adding characters via MP tavern.
    • Remove tutorial warning prompt about no multiplayer party (it's generated when attempting to enter a game anyway).
    Lobby
    • Move the MP reward track timer to avoid overlapping chest store.
    • Moved the lobby chest shops up a bit.
    Shops
    • Fixed Randimar's to restock locally, not globally.
    • Better randomisation of global loot stock (Daily Deal).
    Premade Parties
    • Fixed a bad item in the Adventurer's premade party.
    Misc
    • Added some logging and default values to switch statement to try to help track down error when initialising the collection sheet.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Jon

Bumped version to 2.38.2

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Lots of little things to comment on...

YAY!!!! :D

This will make the push cones much more useful.

So this means they care about encumber on teammates?

That's.... weird. I'm really not sure that "add more random stuff" to a spell is a good way to try to balance it. The draw one nerf was probably slightly overdone, but I don't think there was any better way to do it.[/QUOTE]

4. Jon

Yes, Team Run and Team Shift will now care about Encumber (again).

neoncat likes this.
  5. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Well, I can't see any objection to these last changes.
    - The cone change is nice, now it's more like it should have always been.
    - Battlefield Training and Advanced Battlefield Training buff isn't enough imo to make them good for their quality, but the not revealing part is essential to make them at least playable, so this change is also good.
    - Team Run nerf so that it is affected by encumber was a very requested change, so I'm glad BM heard the players here. We'll see if this is enough of a nerf.

I would describe these 3 changes as part of "common sense". I mean, it didn't make sense that BT and ABT revealed the transferred cards, that cone cards pushed nearest characters first and that Team Run wasn't affected by encumber.

- Now, SPR change is the one that will see some diverse opinions. Personally, I always thought that SPR was meant to be a defensive resource, so it didn't feel right to see some players stacking them and using them as an offensive card, but it didn't feel right either as a defensive one, given that it was insanely strong. This change respects that defensive spirit but in a much more balanced way, by allowing wizards to escape from a near warrior even if he blocked the attack. This means that it can still be useful even when it doesn't create card advantage as before.

6. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Something I don't get: how is relevant that Team Shift is affected by encumber if even when you are encumbered you can move at least 1 per move card played? Is it related with the last changes about encumber+speed boots?

Stexe likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It doesn't make a difference in the amount moved. Functionally, it matters only in corner cases (coop being the one off the top of my head).

Stexe and Jacques like this.
  8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

9. Jon

Known issue, thanks. I hope to get it fixed before this goes live.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Bad medicine healed 2 instead of 3, char was not at full health (21/25 -> 23/25 hp).

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=phaselock's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=11,Msg=The active player is now lockphase
    BATTLE LOG: Player=lockphase,Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=phaselock's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=11,Event=PlayAction,Action=Bad Medicine,Instigator=Klinkagirtkuri,Targets=Penarr
    stopTimer 0 948
    startTimer 1 853
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=phaselock's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=11,Msg=Attaching Bad Medicine to Penarr
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=phaselock's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=11,Msg=Penarr healed 2
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=phaselock's battle (looking for opponent),RoomID=11,Msg=The active player is now phaselock

edit: The poison took 3 hp tho. Guess only the heal portion is bugged.

Bad Medicine damaged Penarr.
    Penarr took 3 Poison damage.

11. Jon

Got it, thanks.

12. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Captain Cedric's Helm and Kelharin's Clogs still has 2 Officer Harness. Not sure if you wanted to change that or not since you mentioned you did a while ago (with the Xander Mail changes).

Below are my quoted analysis on the changes, which I've included in my comprehensive analysis thread ( http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/stexes-comprehensive-balance-analysis.6262/ ):

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Battles
    • Fixed being allowed to enter a game with an empty party in campaign and MP.

In campaign, I can still get an empty party on clipboard. I can begin adventure and click 'Battle!' once before its greyed out. No other prompts/notification showing invalid party. Modify party in adventure screen still shows 'Party is Card Hunter Certified', maybe it should show 'Invalid Party' instead?

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

minor inconsistency: Since terrain cards are being looked at, terraining cards that don't deal damage to occupant shouldn't have a damtype ? Reason for flagging is cos spark traits trigger whenever I play Flash Flood or Illusions. Yet smoke bomb doesn't have a damtype.

Stexe likes this.
  15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I love the changes once again. This cone one was aked for loong ago already and SPR change is nice and every other change as well. Am waiting to try it all out on real server!

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Still on empty party. Accepting a casual game without a MP party throws Gary's prompt. After clicking 'continue', the game is still created in lobby. If I then click on the game, the spinning dragon icon shows and client hangs till refresh.

eg: lockphase invites phaselock, phaselock has no mp party -> gets Gary's prompt -> click continue -> click on game -> spinning dragon icon. lockphase lobby chat shows the chat tab with msg: phaselock entered the room. If lockphase cancels the game, phaselock's lobby chat (greyed and with spinning icon) shows the chat tab with msg: lockphase left the room.

I think the fix is to make it such that players with no mp party cannot invite others to game nor be invited to games themselves.

17. Jon

I'll fix this.

18. Jon

That's weird. I just tested this and I get a prompt saying "Whoops! You don't have a valid campaign party". I take it you didn't see this?

How did you get your invalid party? I deleted my party characters from the MP keep and then returned to the campaign and started a new adventure. I get the prompt when I click the battle button.

19. Jon

I tested this and I also can't repro it :(

20. Jon

To be clear, I created an empty MP party by deleting the last character in my MP party (from the campaign keep). Another account, with a valid MP party, created a casual game and then I joined it. I got the prompt saying "Whoops, you don't have a valid MP party". After dismissing that prompt, clicking the battle to join again brought up the same prompt. Tested several times with the same result. I wonder what we are doing differently?