Test Build 2.37.0 (14 Aug 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's the latest test build with another big round of balance changes (though getting smaller each time as we converge on something good). As well, there are lots of goodies in this release including a new Mauve Manticore, a new premade party, a multiplayer tavern, lots of bug-fixes and progress towards co-op play!

Balance
    • Balance changes, round 3.
    Chat
    • Added chat notifications for players entering and leaving rooms (other than the lobby).
    • Added team chat rooms, just using a regular chat panel for now.
    Co-op
    • Added team invitation flow and UI.
    • Added a minor animation to the team invitation screen, because hey why not.
    • Added user popup buttons and functionality for team invite, uninvite, leave, kick. Disabled for now.
    • Client-side Team data, synchronized with server
    Friends
    • Added basic (hidden) friends list UI.
    Premade Parties
    • Added Mage Hunters pack.
    • Modified Adventurers pack.
    Cards
    • New immunity keyword.
    • Cleansing Ray, Cleansing Presence, Cleansing Burst are all unblockable.
    • Encumber and move boosts are summed before minimum move threshold is applied.
    • Encumber can slow down zero move cards (Slowed).
    • Keyworded healing on Cleansing Ray.
    • Fixed zero move values on some cards.
    • Fixed Energizing Move log text.
    • Fixed move on surging shield block.
    • A host of wording fixes.
    • Scabrous Skin spelling fixed.
    Items
    • A host of spelling fixes.
    Lobby
    • Added a multiplayer tavern.
    • Rearranged the lobby locations a bit.
    Chests
    • Ornate chests from the chest shop allocate items from levels 1 to 9 and 10 to 18.
    • Reorgansation of the chest level range constants.
    Mauve Manticore
    • Added Mauve Manticore 4.
    Leagues
    • Updated Monster Hunt decks and monster health.
    Quests
    • "Drawback" replaced with "Handicap" in quest description.
    AI
    • Added the harmful tag to firestorm.
    Quick Draw
    • Changed to 7-picks.
    Monsters
    • Added monster large portraits for goblin shaman, man at arms and beech sapling.
    • Hurricane replaces the old Whirlwind in Hyperthalamus deck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Jarmo, neoncat and Flaxative like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

100 pizza each? Hmm..

I also see lots of changes to The Adventurers.
    BUG: Priest is missing a divine item and has an unused major token.
    Suggestion: Give the wizard Cautious Trickery so she has an extra token to get back her Akon's Amulet (very important for SP).

Yay! Though St Ulrich is still missing his period.

Finally, something new for SP! (For values of "new" that include a map I played over a year ago.) Good module though; they all felt tense but I managed to beat each on the first try (for the last map I spent 4 rounds at 1 health).

EDIT: While I was writing that, @Farbs invited me to join his team. I accepted, but he had already logged off and "team info" showed me as a member of a team owned by me.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Stexe likes this.
  3. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

Glorious! Is there a way to test this without going through the campaign on the testserver?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, adventurers got updated. I think that should be in the changelog. Will investigate what Kalin reported.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Elven Trickery is missing its new Free Move keyword (EDIT: Ah, I see from the mule tweets that this was already fixed). Also, the card text is garbled, it says "that enemy discards all their oldest Attack card" (bolding mine). I haven't tested the functioning of the card.

"Cleansing Ray, Cleansing Presence, Cleansing Burst are all unblockable."

Shouldn't this be listed with the new balance changes here?: http://www.cardhunter.com/2014/08/balance-changes-round-three/

"Gold chests allocate items from levels 1 to 9 and 10 to 18."

Which gold chests does this mean? SP, I presume, but where are there gold chests, as Quest rewards maybe? Does this mean you can get level 18 items from level 10 adventures now? Please elaborate on this change.

"A host of spelling fixes."

Yes, yes, YESSS!! Even the treasures are fixed now. I'm so happy, no joke.

The Daily Deal has a stuck Legendary item. Every day it's Clowen's Boots. I think when Randimar's was daily it also had a stuck pair of boots in there every day but a different pair. There is something funky going on in the daily Legendary shop code, seems to me.

When viewing the premade parties in their shop, the item count shows "1" for every item the party characters carry, no matter how many the player owns. This would be more useful if it worked as normal. This way the player would easily notice that "Aha, I already have 3 St. Olf's Fiery Pikes so maybe I shouldn't buy the Vein Drinkers party just to get that item."

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Chest shop ones.

Jarmo likes this.
  7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ah ok, the chest shop brown chest item level ranges were changed. "Gold chests" here means chests with a gold price on them, not golden-coloured chests, got it.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore #4 was nice, thanks to Inkfingers, Sir Knight and Tuknir! All fights were exciting but not frustrating. The zombie one could get very hairy with some bad draws, though.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

And any tips for the first map? my poor trees are being burn and chopped down like crazy... urgh.. seems i can't beat it :(

10. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Run away from the Golem and focus fire on 1 bird at a time using buffs on your trees. I managed to do it easily my first time.

Only really had trouble on the Zombie level due to bad draws (no Parry 2 turns in a row or failing a Parry when they use Zombie Mob). I think the Zombie one is overly difficult and the enemy should require more than just 2 VP (if they get some lucky movement cards they can rush the VP spot while you're stuck dealing with the hordes).

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The human is an easy target and important to kill fast to deny the other enemies the free cards. I retreated with the trees, leapfrogging one by one when I had no big attacks to keep incoming damage down. I stayed on the VPs, there's room to run around the trees. I got several of my points from the VPs. Once you've killed the human and a bird the rest is easy.

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

lockphase invited phaselock to a quick draw battle. lockphase's screen shows 'phaselock entered the room' in the chat tab but phaselock's doesn't show. I think since both are participants, perhaps that shouldn't show ? fwiw, phaselock on ffox and lockphase on IE.

Minor request: During the quick draw draft phase, the white glow around the cards isn't as obvious/eyecatching. Since there isn't a space between selected and in-selection cards, would it be possible to either change the color of the glow or increase its strength etc so that it'd be more obvious?

Also noticed that mouse-over of keywords during draft phase do not show tooltips. I presume only the card image is loaded ? or was it an oversight?

draft errors: 7x of the below after every last card pick of every char
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Temple Tussle Quick Draw,Room=lockphase's battle vs phaselock,RoomID=67,Player=[object Player],Group=Garazizorthagi,Event=Discard Unrevealed Card Error,Hand index=-1

edit1:
    If lockphase blocked a team invite from phaselock from the popup, the team invite no longer pop-up again even after lockphase has unblocked phaselock. Also there seems to be some problem with showing the team chat after a block, unblock, accept.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Flaxative likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for the catch, we'll fix that.

This was more of a design decision made after adding heal to those cards allowed them to trigger blocks than a balance decision. It also wasn't based on playtest data, and I don't think anyone was agitating about the strength or relevance of these cards. At least, that's why I didn't include them in that write-up... :oops:

The affected chest is the ornate chest you can buy in the chest shop. It used to give up to level 16 items, same as the Goblin Market, and then we changed the shops to sell items up to level 18. The chest shop just now caught up to that. I've edited the changelog in the OP to specify which chest was changed. :)

I'm happy you're happy. I had you in mind while working on them... mainly because you reported a lot of them :p
    (Also, Sparkping and Sorcerery are still in the game.)

Interesting, we'll investigate this.

Good call.

Yes, I'd like to give a big hand to the players whose content made it into the magazine this time. They did an exceptional job.

Was it maybe a specific card? Or was it all the keywords?

Jarmo likes this.
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just had the AI (in a quick draw match) firestorm it's whole team while not one of my characters was in range. Not that I minded. :p

EDIT: I also had the AI hit my character with zero cards with a punishing bolt fwiw.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Of course, that goes without saying. I've never targeted these icons of Cardhuntrian spellography in my letters to the editor.

16. Jon

Both these will be fixed in the next build.

Stexe likes this.
  17. Jon

Yep, looks like a problem with the loot selection. I'll fix for next build.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Not any specific card. Did not check keyword by keyword, but whatever was moused-over did not show.

19. The method of keeping only the highest encumberment was a neat mechanic. But longer being able to encumber someone to the point of being immobile seems like it was fixing a problem that didn't exist. With that rule, it throws the possibility of racial balance out of the window.

20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I really enjoyed both of the other maps that made it into the Mauve Manticore #4, and played both before their inclusion therein. I look forward to seeing this transition into the main server!

Flaxative likes this.