Test Build 2.33.0

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Phew! The change list for this build is way too long to include in this post. I refer you to the blog posts that outline most of the balance changes that are coming:
    1. Major card changes.
    2. Lots of minor card changes.
    3. Item changes.
    4. Rule changes.
    In addition, here are some of the other things coming in this build:

Multiplayer
    • Starter parties renamed to premade parties.
    • Added vein drinkers and fire and frost premade parties.
    • Removed old starter parties.

Quick Draw Mode
    • Implemented first pass Quick Draw mode, available via custom games.
    • Added Quick Draw casual scenarios, Temple Tussle and Streams of Blood

Deck Builder
    • Added main menu button to deckbuilder screens.

Custom Games
    • Added Tags field to custom scenario panel, removed now-redundant Enforce Draw Limits and rearranged a little to fit.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Quick Draw mode is amazing.
    • Suggestion: add an extra pair of silvers to choose from, as well as an extra pair of bronzes, to bump deck size up from 5 to 7.

New premade parties are cool. Kind of weird to see 90% of my old vampire priest build in the premade party shop :)
    • Suggestion: replace Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud with Flax's Thirsty Vial.

I'm also really skeptical about the draw limits rule but I'm happy to see how it plays out.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Haven't done the bug hunt yet, spotted a couple of disturbing cards: Consuming Spear and Sapping Spear. The card art and the title erm...don't mesh? I'd reckon seeing someone eating a spear somewhere ... or a Sapping Palm would be a better name ? *inno*

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Cone of Cold card is missing the tooltip from the "Encumber 2" keyword.

The encumbers not stacking any more is not mentioned in either of the blog posts about the balance changes as far as I recall. As a pretty major change it should be. Are there any other changes embedded only in the keyword tooltips or other places not mentioned in the blog posts so far?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There have been some rules changes that I'm sure will be discussed soon.

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Vulnerable giving now +2 damage recieved was also one hidden update mentioned in another thread.

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

LeisureSuitLoli and Lord Feleran like this.
  8. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

9. That nimble strike nerf is going to ruin most dwarf builds, which makes me very pleased.

10. Lord Feleran

Instant Burn burnes 1 damage for a long time already btw.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think it always said 1 on the card, but that that was a bug and it actually dealt 2 damage when it burned.

12. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

lol only just noticed the chests cost 5 times less pizza now :p $1.50 per purple when you buy the smallest pizza bundle.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And Simple chests are still 18 gp. WTF? :confused:

Lord Feleran likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

From that link:
    Missing a couple words there.

Huh, so the complete inability to counter Wall Of Stone was intentional?

15. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

Was just looking over the balance changes and most of them look good and makes sense.

But the harnesses!!! Holy crap I think that change will be massive. The armor changes in general I think are pretty big.

Acrobatic flip is weird though, good that you can block any but doesn't make sens that you could reposition a non-melee attacker.

Sapping and Consuming touch are a little strange too... mostly because the artwork doesn't reflect a range 2 attack. I probbably would have left Consuming touch alone and made Sapping penetrating instead of range 2.

Maze is already perhaps the most useless non drawback card in the game, and with placing instead of moving that negates the only real upside as damage from path of knives. Make it a cantrip or something, but I think despite the potential upside of ignoring terrain and such, it is actually even worse now.

I don't think dancing cut needed to be dropped to 2 move. It's pretty uncommon on items (eg no item with 6 like NS) and it's relatively low damage. I think it was good card.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  16. Lord Feleran

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Hover vs Flash Flood

Current card text: You are not affected by terrain attachments other than blocking terrain.
    Suggested: You are not affected by terrain attachments other than blocking and impassable terrain.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Randimar is getting greedy:
    prices.png

(Posted here because I had to abuse a cheat command to get prices this insane.)

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gee, that sounds kind of racist. ;)
    But still milder than many dwarf-haters out there.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Yeah, I was thinking that there are a lot of flavor problems with the balancing. Some suggestions:

- "Telekinesis" becomes "Advanced Teleport Other"
    - Sapping / Consuming Spear artwork should be a colored / flashy variant of Spear of Darkness artwork (like how most hacks are similar)
    - "Spear of Darkness" becomes "Dark Spear"
    - Acrobatic Flip should only reposition the attacker if it blocks a melee attack

I'll edit as I remember others.

Bandreus likes this.