Test Build 2.29.0 (15 July 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A few small fixes:

Leagues
    • Fixed the Monster Hunt board
    • Added the Monster Hunt league

Cards
    • Fixed a bug where burning damage from Fiery Stab was triggering self damage from Barbed Platemail.

Stexe likes this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Well, not bugs...just some feedback on the Monster Hunt.

Playing field looks huge on my monitor. I think its the 2 or 3 squares gap in between the boards. If possible, reduce the gap by one ? Also the difficult terrain is like 5 tiles deep, erm...well, dunno how much of a factor but I never went for the VPs.

Easily Daunted is greyed out and throwing errors #2036 in log.

Vampiric myth are running an audio effect that sounds like "oh, ****"...just funny I guess. Unless, it was intended ?

Tested fiery stab against BP and SM, verified the fix works.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=4,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=4,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Fiery Stab,TriggeringActor=Dawithag,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=4,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Barbed Platemail,TriggeringActor=Dawithag,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=4,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=Spiked Mail,TriggeringActor=Dawithag,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Winter Bridge,Room=phaselock's battle vs lockphase,RoomID=4,Msg=Dawithag took 3 damage

edit: tested Burning Blade vs BP and SM, works too ! Woohoo, I guess this bug is finally closed and we can start having more melee based trigger effects in the *cough* next expansion *cough*. ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Stexe likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on cleaning up the Monster Hunt map and making it better for smaller resolutions. I think I have a few fixes in mind that will help tighten it up. If you have any other feedback let me know.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I guess the gap between the boards is to accommodate Mind Muddle. If you can change MM to trigger with LOS requirement, that will change the gap to 1 and save screen real estate. Also allows MM to be used for future multi-board scenarios. Yh well, this introduces a new subtle mechanic but its for the best. Hope it helps. :)

edit: my bad :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  5. Stexe

Mind Muddle triggering after movement would still require the minimum distance of its range as to not affect the other board. So that wouldn't really work. And it introduces a new subtle repair person? :-P

But yeah, I like the idea behind Maze of the Mind / Mind Muddle. It introduces some interesting bluffing and back and forth play. I wonder if it would be better balanced if it was something like "cancel the enemy movement and move them 1 (or 2)." That would prevent someone from getting a MotM / MM that just completely shuts someone out.

Either way, I'm going to go back to testing it after I get the new card list sent to Jon. I want to make a few minor changes to the map and cut down the decks to make it more streamlined.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Apparently, movement doesn't check LOS. So I've reworked the suggestion to:

Suggestion: enemy move within 3 squares, MM check for LOS to enemy, if yes, trigger, else do nothing. Upon trigger, look at last movement card in enemy played queue, create copy and use on enemy. Resolve move card, discard MM.

Yh, so MM becomes a stealth card unaffected by blocked terrain. Good or bad, I don't know... :D

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I wanted to test out the league with Stexe so I created a test account. I did the greenfang battle (that I didn't have on my main account when I first started) then as my goal was to be able to get to MP as fast as possible, I pressed F1, then cls and typed skiptut. I saw I had 0 guy in the party but still joined the highest adventure possible which was the level 4 one to test. Battle started, there were two enemy lizards, no guy for me and no pass button. I then clicked leave battle and I was sent to MP.
    That was great as that's what I wanted. But now if I click the button to get back to the campaign, I am sent back to the dead battle. Still can play in MP I guess as I should be able to use a command to get pizza and then buy starter parties in order to actually have characters. But seems I wouldn't be able to test any SP feature unless the dead battle times out and just disapear.
    Is it possible to get the account unlocked (Squidy_test) in case the problem doesn't solve by itself?

8. Stexe

My friend had a similar problem with his account (lumpydumpy) when he tried to skip the tutorial. I assume it has to do with the new tutorial they implemented.

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

"skiptut" isn't supported at the moment, after the new tutorial changes. I should remove it from the help menu until it's working again.