Test Build 2.24 (18 June 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Just a few fixes to the new tutorial system from the last build and providing access to some cheat functions on the test server (to allow for easier testing).

On the TEST SERVER ONLY, the following cheats are now available:
    • everyitem: gives you one of every item in the game
    • clearitems: removes all of your items
    • characterlevel <name> <level>: sets the level of one of your characters
    • givepizza <amount>: gives you tasty hot pizza
    • givesoft <amount>: gives you gold
    • giveitem <item_name>: gives you one copy of an item
    • playerlevel <level>: sets your level (renown)
    • randomitems <level>: gives you a set of random items roughly equivalent to what you might have accumulated by playing up to that level in the campaign.
    Please don't abuse these commands by spamming them to create ridiculously large collections or bog down the test server.

Tutorial
    • Move all players from the old tutorial keep to the new permanent keep.
    • Ensure that all post-tutorial adventures are shown for those who've recruited all their free characters.
    • Fixed the free character DB patch to set the free flags more consistently with tutorial progress.
    • Added back the reminder about recruiting a wizard if you drop out of the tutorial half way.
    Cheats
    • Made some cheats available on the test server.
    • Fixed some client battle debug info cheats not to crash when not in battle.

Neofalcon, neoncat, Flaxative and 5 others like this.
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I never really got into testing before since the whole setting-up-PayPal seemed so daunting to me, but with these fixes testing became much easier, so it's really appreciated!

I am getting this weird bug though, where every time I log in Gary gives me this message to go and buy a priest, even when I refresh just after getting the message. http://i.imgur.com/uwKLRfr.png You can tell from the image I already beat some level 6 modules and the gold and pizza cheats work. I did the tutorial during an earlier test build, I think one sometime after AotA came out, and already have multiple priests by now, so I'm not sure why it's popping up now of all times.

Edit: I also just got a message from Gary that 'That shaman dropped some nice loot' or something like that after opening the treasure after the first Defense of Woodhome level, but it went by too fast to take a screenshot of.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Is your test server account name Maniafig?

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Interesting. If you type "everyitem 10" it says it gave your account every item, but nothing actually shows up; "everyitem" alone works fine. And thank you for including NoLoot items!

And this just made my day:
    cheat.png

This probably won't matter (outside of cheating), but the display of how much pizza you have only shows 5 digits. And somewhere over a million the cheat command stops working.

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Something is very weird. This is wot i did...

a) login phaselock, went past greenfang until I reach the tavern recruit. I see that the tavern is wrong. All the characters are available for 10 gold. But Gary's prompt is at the start of the tutorial. Resetted account.

b) Relogin, went past greenfang until I cleared ommlet. Immediately after the take all and exit, the keep is triggered. Randimar's and the advs started popping out. I don't see the remaining 3 tutorial advs or armory and my tavern is dusty and uninhabited. Relog shows the same. On a whim, I went into randimar's and Gary starts to prompt about selling amber shards. So I did and tut is officially stuck at buying the woodsman axe.

c) Resetted account again. And re-did (b) above. Still seeing the same problem.

6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Yes, it is.

7. amdreamer

amdreamer Kobold

how do you initiate a cheat do you have to enable a special command or something?

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Press F1 to open the debug console. Type the command you want and press enter. To see the possible commands, type help and press enter. Pressing F1 a second time opens a larger console window. Pressing it a third time closes the console.