Test Build 1.58 (31 Jan 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build was posted last Friday, but I didn't get the build notes up in time. Anyway, here they are!

The big new feature in this build is battle reconnection! Yes, now you can reconnect to a in-progress battle if you disconnect. Battles will remain open for 10 minutes after a disconnect, except in multiplayer where Snoozi will get annoyed with you if you don't make a move within 2 minutes. Anyway, you should now have a much better chance of getting back in if your internet glitches or you close the tab or whatever. This feature is obviously fairly complex and is likely to have some bugs in it, so we'd really appreciate any testing you can do.

We already know of some issues in this build, so there will be a new test build today or tomorrow.

Full builds notes below:

Battles
    • Implemented battle reconnection. After a disconnect, reconnect within 10 minutes to resume battle. Multiplayer battles still require some input every two minutes.
    • When reconnecting with unclaimed multiplayer treasure, go to the looting screen instead of silently putting the treasure in the player's collection. Includes some work toward reconnecting to a battle in progress, too.
    Sale
    • Ended club sale.
    • Celestial figures on sale.
    Multiplayer
    • Swapped in the celestial MP boards.
    • MP Koi board made more easily navigable.
    • Fixing a typo in the epic MP chest description.
    Characters
    • Relaxed character name restrictions.
    Pizza
    • Rework how the return from PayPal works. Simplifies the finish of the transaction.
    Custom Scenarios
    • Make sure custom scenarios have at least 1 VP. For automatic scoring when the side has no kill VPs, use the default (9). Add some protection on the client so it doesn't break if any side has 0 VP - instead of crashing, show a single already completed VP in the score display.
    API
    • Added custom scenario hash to metrics tables, for use by the public API
    Deck Builder
    • Prevented Ctrl-click drop of an equipped item from sorting the player collection.
    Figures
    • Fix the vulcan dwarf wizard figure color.
    Adventures
    • Fixed some typos in gladiatorial arena adventure
    • Fixed typo on Alet Zhav module cover, re-rendered and exported.

Sir Veza, Jarmo, Farbs and 2 others like this.
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

a) Vulcan figures still show New sticker, wai ?
    b) Queue for MP game, get in, don't play any card, refresh browser. Every reconnect starts my timer at 20 min.
    c) Snoozi doesn't appear, not even in regular MP games.
    d) MP timers sometimes do not appear after reconnecting.
    e) reconnecting after beating Amy in MP shows 'You defeated unknown' post game. Refreshed browser when the victory logo comes up. Same when defeating Gary. Consistent and reproducible.
    f) not build stopping: reconnecting in the middle of a cp game shows the 'module cover and Get a Hint button' screen before the board is loaded.
    g) reconnecting in the looting screen after opening an MP chest will show the chest as closed.

ps: having problems making forum posts, forum keeps logging me out. :(

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Phaselock, for the forum thing, there is a thread about that where Pilgrim Bailey figured out that if he removed https from the URL then he wouldn't get logged out.

Regarding the build, I had also noticed the absence of Snoozi when playing against the AI, but hasn't done any testing regarding it.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh, Jon, here's something weird that happened to me on the test server just now. No idea if it's specific to the new build or not, as I've never encountered this before and it's not the kind of thing I can try to reproduce easily either on or off the main server...

1) I've been playing multiplayer (predominantly against the AI) for a long time on the test server, but until this morning had played only the two Troglodyte missions in singleplayer and nothing else.

2) This morning I played Wizard's Workshop, followed by Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison.

3) After Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison, Gary tried to get me to buy The Defense of
    Woodhome (treasure hunt). I accepted his pizza and returned to the map, whereupon Forest of Souls and Beneath the Frozen Earth showed up on the map.

4) Gary then tried to direct me to multiplayer.

5) I go to multiplayer, he gets me to 'buy' the free starter pack, asks me if I want to replace my current MP party with the starter pack, and I decline (leaving the starter pack inactive).

6) Next Gary wants me to play a game with him, so I click the flashing Arena button.

7) The Arena button continues to flash, and Gary's message telling me that he'll play me for my first PvP game remains on screen. The Arena timer begins ticking down.

8) I click the Arena button, because it is still flashing. This makes me leave the PvP queue. Gary's message remains; the arena continues to flash.

9) I go back into the queue. Same behavior as #7.

10) I wait. The timer goes to 0 and I go into a PvP battle vs. Mom.

5. There is a slight problem with the AI freezing during custom matches. This is most prominent when playing against many characters, such as the map included with this post. Depending on which cards you play the AI could freeze on the first turn. This rarely happens on the regular server when I play the map.

Attached Files:

6. Jon

Fixed in next build.

7. Jon

Bunch of timer fixes in the next build. As Flaxative mentioned, Snoozi might just not be appearing when you play the AI?

8. Jon

Wow, thanks for the long recipe!

I'm not surprised that there are tutorial problems when you play MP before the campaign directs you there. It's something we should tighten up.

9. Jon

I'm surprised that it works at all!

It's possible that it doesn't work on the test server as the machine is slower/smaller. I wonder if perhaps the thread times out or something.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A couple possible solutions that might be simple to implement:
    • disable multiplayer button until tutorial introduces it
    • or, force multiplayer tutorial the first time someone clicks the button

I know this isn't relevant to this build (nor to the experiences of most players), so no worries hehe.

11. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hm. I can't get this to happen. Does it stay on the "You defeated unknown" screen, or does it go straight to the chest after a moment?

12. Jon

Jason says he can't repro this one. It should go straight to looting after reconnecting from battle over.

Do you have any more info on it? Could it be a slow performance issue on the client?

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ok, thanks for the heads up. Issue seems to have cleared up today tho....I'll keep in mind.

yh, now I remember. Snoozi is set to off against GMs ... :oops: Will have a go at it with my doppelganger tonight. Apologies for the false alarm.
    oh, It would be great if a d/c was detected and some message shown in the battle chat. Maybe, 'Phaselock has disconnected !' and 'Phaselock has reconnected !' ?

Goes to loot screen and then drag up to see results. Made the ss, forgot to post, my bad :p

[​IMG]

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd like to test this, but I can't figure out how to display the hash result. Maybe Farbs could set up a page to log all the battles named #HashTest with timestamp, player(s), and hash value for easy testing?

And I just noticed a bug: the battle results given by the API list the name, Score, and AvgHealth for "player1" and "player2", but the "winner" is 0 or 1.

15. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Unfortunately the hash won't be available via the API yet, this commit was more of an internal thing. It'll appear for public use with Tess' larger API overhaul.

16. illkkill

illkkill Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for the disconnection changes!!!!

17. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

Is this build implementing Flax's item?

18. I don't think so.

[​IMG]
    Didn't realize it played Card Hunter.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Actually, it is, Loli. You can see it in the Equipment manifest for the live game, and also some people reported it dropping on the test server. I didn't get my automatic copy from Jon, though, so I guess I'll have to grind :)

neoncat likes this.
  20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Player-created items? What will BM do next?! :O

*scurries off to hack together cat-themed skins*