Temple of Scales - All your levels are reduced to 4

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Swagmasta42, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Swagmasta42

Swagmasta42 Kobold

Well be with you, Hunters!

I am seeking tips to beat Temple of Scales with Level 4 characters
    (before trying it with "Party has one health" HAHA)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyone who did it might share what character combination is useful?

I tried a lot. Best combination so far is
    Priest, Priest, Warrior gets me to Part 3 but the Hydra kills me (I need more range)
    But Priest, Warrior, Mage gets the Mage killed and only one Priest seems not to be enough to go to the first parts alive.
    With Mages I tried cards that has "cone" to get the groups of Lizards.

Many years of happy days befall you!

2. Servoret

Servoret Orc Soldier

I just beat the quest on the first try with this dwarf party, 2 wizards and a priest. The priest buffs the wizards and they wipe everything out with Flash Of Agony on the maps without a hydra. On the hydra map, one of the wizards debuffs the hydra with Path Of Knives, and they slide it around until it dies.

Dwarf Priest 1
    Level 24 Dwarf Priest

Dwarf Wizard 1
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Dwarf Wizard 2
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Dwarf Priest 1
    Level 24 Dwarf Priest

Dwarf Wizard 1
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Dwarf Wizard 2
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

3. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Okay so I see you've been playing for a year - hopefully you've picked up some decent items along the way, because you'll need some epics for this build.

Just breezed through this challenge with two dwarf vampire priests and a dwarf mage. I put the single token on the vamps into a Parrying Buckler. You're basically looking to maximise the amount of drain attacks on them, so take things like Trained Cleansing and Glowing Hide Armor. The mage is packing heaps of terrain attacks, mostly hot spot and stone spikes. Rod of Palver Pree is fantastic here.

The lizards have lots of moves but usually exhaust them as you advance or retreat with the vamps. They love staying at range 2, so exploit that. You can use the terrain defensively on the hydra - most of the time it won't advance onto terrain effects placed in front of your vamps, and you can make up the damage it does to your vamps via fiery breath with buffed draining spears. Make sure to take out the jelly first on the last level, don't get sucked into damaging the lizards and then having the jelly heal them when it dies.

4. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I'm currently leveling up two other priests, and just beat this one. 3 priests, all dwarves.