[SUPPORT] Have not receive confirmation email - resolved

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adrian, May 10, 2013.

1. Adrian

Adrian Kobold

I received a beta key today and was eager to use it. So, I followed the instructions on the email but I got stuck waiting for the confirmation email. Is it normal not to receive them right away? or did something happen to my registration? Need help guys, really want to play to the game.

2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

It should normally only take a few minutes for the email to go through. I just checked, and I don't see any registrations awaiting verification right now - so if you haven't received the email and verified your account, you should try to register again. If it hasn't been used, your beta key should still be valid.

3. Adrian

Adrian Kobold

I see. Thanks for that. I tried re-registering earlier and did not receive any confirmation but after that it says my desired game id is already used whereas before it states
    "Your request was submitted. Check your email for a link to verify your new account."

So, now I tried using another game id and it got in. Anyway, thanks, so eager to play the game.

4. Tomthedog

Tomthedog Kobold

Hi there, I have run into the same problem as Adrian, but when i try to register again it says that my beta key is no longer valid. Is there anything else I can do?

5. Adrian

Adrian Kobold

I really don't know what to do. Maybe you should ask the admins. I tried using my beta key under another game id since the first id I tried seems to have been taken after my first sign up which did not sent me a confirmation email, and it worked for me.

6. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

There are a couple of things that could be happening here:
    - If it's at your initial registration, make sure you entered the beta key correctly. If it's still not working, send a PM to Jon so he can verify there wasn't a problem with your key.
    - If you get an error during verification, the verification code is only good for about an hour after you register - in that case you can try to register again.

You can also try to recover your username if you think maybe it did finish verification for you at https://accounts.cardhunter.com/username

7. Tomthedog

Tomthedog Kobold

Yeah, it just keeps telling me that "the key provided has already been used" :( Hopefully I'll get this all sorted out, thanks man

8. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Ok this should be fixed now.

Megadestructo likes this.
  9. Bogi

Bogi Kobold

I'm having the exact same issue as Tomthedog. I got the same'your request was submitted. check you email for a link to verify your new account' but haven't received an email. Now it says my username is in use and that my key has been used.

Please could you help, been waiting so long for this :)

10. Bogi

Bogi Kobold

The verification email came through, but when I went to verify I get 'the code is not valid or has expired. Please try to register again'.

I re-fill in my details on the register link and get the 'request was submitted' message again, but again, no email. I'm afraid this code will expire by the time I get it as well.

11. Bogi

Bogi Kobold

All sorted, thanks!

12. kebabylon

kebabylon Kobold

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

I never got the confirmation e-mail after registering my account, and when trying again it says the key has already been used.

13. Kaluliini

Kaluliini Kobold

Exactly same problem here.

I got the first e-mail, and entered my username, e-mail address and the beta key correctly, but i never got the confirmation e-mail.
    When i try to enter it again, it says "Username already in use", and when i try with another username it says "Key has already been used".

I hope my feedback will help.

14. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I suggest you guys post in the support forum, this is an old and closed thread that is less likely to draw attention from the devs.

15. kebabylon

kebabylon Kobold

This thread was what came up in the google search for the problem. So for any future googlers: wait an hour and try again, your key will be unlocked and hopefully you'll get the confirmation letter immediately the second time around.