[Suggestion] Sell Excess Function

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Veza, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm starting another thread on this topic rather than bumping one of the most recent (2013) ones I could find by Avarice or piotras. As with each iteration, the basic idea is the same: Keep the maximum number of items that can be equipped and sell the rest.

How to handle treasure is where the differences in the suggestions crop up. Collecting seems to have grown more popular, or at least more obvious, since @neoncat wrote his utilities. I think the two best options would be:
    1. Don't include treasure - it will have to be sold manually.
    2. Keep one of each type and sell the rest.
    I've been keeping my legendary and epic treasures since December because I like how they look in a pile, but I'd gladly part with the bulk of them to be spared the drudgery of counting and selling items.

Farmers and other avid players would obviously benefit the most from this, but keeping inventories neat and trim at the click of a button is also good for those who don't play as much.

I haven't sold off for a week, so I'm going to be busy with the un-fun part of the game for a while.
    excess.png

Bandreus, Alcibiade_2nd, wavy and 5 others like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm fine with both of these options; treasures are easy to sell manually.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

offtopic:
    I'd give the OP more likes but am only limited to one :)
    I just came to forums from selling thousands of items (not treasures, was no fun) and now there's this thread :p Randimar's started to lagg at some point because of the huge amount of items it had lol. Anyway I'm now the richest I've ever been lol.

ontopic:
    The easiest option would be to not sell the treasures, yes.
    Another option would be to have 2 buttons: 2nd one selling all treasures.
    Anyway pretty please! :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As I always say in these threads, I'd love to see this in the game.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

When discussing speeding up inventory access I had the below idea that Jon mentioned he liked. The second half of it would still apply here.

Alcibiade_2nd and Sir Veza like this.
  6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I'd like the button to sell excess and I'd also like it to exclude treasures. Selling excess treasure is very easy and I like to keep a couple of my favorites which I only sell if the Legendary I want is a must-buy.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yeah, well, if you have lots of treasures you can still spend a long time selling them all. A 2nd button to sell treasures wouldn't hurt.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

AMEN!
    I'd really prefer a second button for treasures, but after all the hours I've spent counting and clicking I'll be grateful for any relief.

9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

After every session I sell off duplicate treasures so I specifically don't have a need for a second button. Since I keep up with that it doesn't turn into a chore. I just don't want treasures bundled in to the Sell Excess button because there's some excess treasures I don't want to sell. I never said I was against a second button. That's fine by me.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

my ideal vision of this function contains a freely chooseable number of items you wish to keep, and the possibility to treat the rarity tiers separately.

11. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Or a list with C, U, R, E & L next to the button with the words "sell excess up to:"

This way people can keep extra copies of their favorite R/E/L.

Or you can just apply the excess sell to common and unco items. Even if I would prefer auto selling rares too, I wouldn't mind manually selling rare+. It doesn't take that much time and it can be done once in a month or so.

Otherwise imo this should be number one on the BM todo list as it can make the game really boring. As I allready said in another suggestion thread, sometimes game is laggy (yup even with the new coding) and if you want a smooth play you have to sell excess. And as you haven't done it in like 2 weeks, you know it will take 2+ hours to do it. And sometimes when you have the choice of 2 hours of boredome before some CH fun or just doing something else, you just go do something else caus you need to do something fun with your free time. And BM wants their players to play, not to go elsewhere seeking for some fun.

edit: Kalin you should really consider sending your sneaky goblin in Sir Veza's vault.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  12. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

In the now old MTGO client (version 3?) each card had a counter beneath to indicate how many you owned. It also had the option to only show you how many cards you owned of each type, rarity, expansion set, format legality, and more importantly, a feature to only show you cards above a number you selected. You could then mark each of those cards for sale (ie. trading on MTGO). This seems like the most elegant solution to the user, however is probably a ton of work to just add the tracker to each item, and with inventory lag already being a problem, might just be too much.

I know I have trouble counting excess items arcane items or weapons without the help of neoncat's utility because the items are grouped so close together they seem to blend together, or when you have a long line of items that spill over onto the next line in the inventory it can make sorting/selling take much longer than it should. As such, I strongly support ANY improvements to inventory management.

Alcibiade_2nd and Flaxative like this.