[Suggestion] Rewards for getting new players

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Snorre Liljegren, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

I was thinking that this game could really need a lot of new players, so how about making a reward system for old player to lure in new players? :) Like you get a link, and for everyone who click this link and make a profile, and play through single player or something, you will get a reward, like pizza or gold, or items? :) This way old players would do more to get new players in :)

Just a suggestion.

2. The idea is good but too easy to exploit by making dummy accounts. The only way something like this would work is if you would get for example a reward of 10% of pizza bought by that other account. So for example if I lured in someone who bought 5000 pizza during a period of one year, I would get 500 pizza (10% each time he buys).

The again if the reward was small, what you suggest could work, because I doubt anyone would have the energy to finish the campaign just so that they could get some reward for their main account.

3. Snorre Liljegren

Exactly SLG, i dont think ppl would do that, not worth it unless the reward is really high, the % is a very good idea, but will take a lot more work :/

4. To me it sounds actually easier.

Lets say I gave you a link that you used to register to Card Hunter, maybe there's a "ref=Scared Little Girl" somewhere in the url or whatever. BM has a database of all players, and that database would now show that our accounts are permanently linked, me being "parent" and you being "child". Now when you buy pizza with real life money, and that pizza gets added to player database under "Snorre", the database also tells the pizza delivery program about me, and I will get that 10%. It could even use the same pizza delivery animation thing that regular purchases have.

Only difficult part I think is implementing that referral link system but that pretty much unavoidable if you want to make your idea work. One other commonly used option is to have a "who told you about Card Hunter?" text field in the registration form, but that's not as reliable as the link because people could misspell the name or simply not enter it.

5. Snorre Liljegren

I have had quite a lot of websites myself, and always used the refering system, really giving me many more visiters :) so i know its pretty easy, what i ment about it beeing more work to do the % thing, is that it would have to be written into the pizza buying system, and written in the database who you have been refered by, as you say :)

6. Yes, of course but how could you build a referral system that didn't require any coding at all? It's impossible. What you suggest there in the first post, how would it actually work, technically speaking? There would have to be a place where the referral information is stored (database), and there would also have to be a way for for reward pizza to be sent to referrals, when certain conditions are met (like for example that finishing the campaign you suggested). That requires coding.

I think what I suggested is easier to code because there are no specific conditions like finishing the campaign. It would basically just be an extension of the current pizza delivery system, where instead of sending pizza to one person, you now send it to two. I also think it would be better because it makes sense to give out rewards when no money exchanges hands. Unless the person who finishes the campaign actually buys pizza, BM benefits nothing.

7. Snorre Liljegren

i agree, it is better :) Just thought it more work :)

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Kobold

The simple solution: Have two rewards.

The first reward is some gold or a chest or some combination of these, which you get when the invited player first gets a character to a given level. Since that requires time spent playing the game, it's not exploitable (you could just earn the gold or chests directly on your own account!)

The second reward is a small amount of pizza, which you get the first time the invited player buys some pizza. This is not exploitable as long as the amount you get is less than the minimum they can buy at once.

Flaxative likes this.