[Suggestion] Multiplayer arena effects

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by soupfist, Jun 6, 2013.

1. soupfist

soupfist Kobold

Like most of my ideas, this is either a really good idea or a really bad one. Originating from the fact I've played a lot of MP games with people with much better gear than I have, and maybe throwing a random element into it might give players with inferior stuff more of a shot at hanging in there.

Start at Round 1 with a random effect that affects both players throughout the battle that either enhances or degrades a certain type of card. Some ideas I had, for examples:

Overgrowth - Free Move does not work across terrain that otherwise would end your move if you entered it.
    Hot Day - Encumber durations caused by cold/frost effects last one turn less (minimum: 1 turn)
    Cold Day - Burning durations last one turn less (minimum: 1 turn)
    Muddy Floor - Sprints, charges and dashes are reduced to a movement of 3 (equivalent to "Run")
    Icy Floor - All moves have to be made in such a way as to use all movement points. In other words, if you play a Dash you can't stop short of moving 3 squares unless terrain, proximity to enemy and/or obstacle stops you.
    Dimensional Instability - All teleport moves, voluntary or involuntary, teleport you randomly somewhere within the move's movement radius.
    Greasy Objectives - A melee attack on any character standing on a victory point square has "Slide Back 1"

An alternate idea I had would be at the start of every round, whichever player had the least victory points gets to choose whether to keep the same effect active or choose a new one. So if your opponent is outmaneuvering your all-Dwarf warrior team and you're losing in the victory point tally, you can keep cycling through those effect cards each round hoping for a Muddy Floor... :)