[Suggestion] MP chat should auto switch to the chat tab on new activity

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Fox the Wanderer, Aug 19, 2013.

1. What it says on the tin. As it is we have to check manually after the first time if we switch back to the combat log.

2. Eastside

Eastside Kobold

I'd personally be annoyed with an auto-switch.

3. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

It would allow an opponent to spam you and prevent viewing the combat log. Hate to have to acknowledge people might do that... but they might. Especially once the game is out of beta.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Which is a pity. I'd still like some easier way to follow the log AND follow the chat. Allowing a separate chat tag was supposed to improve things. I'm not sure what other good alternative there would be without crowding up the screen.

5. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Simply having it acknowledge when there is new text and flash the header of the chat window (if you're on the combat log) would be enough.

Eastside, Neofalcon and Ineptie like this.
  6. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

Agreed with Eusix.

7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yep, submitted that to the codebase today. It was a feature missing in the initial chat UI redesign rollout. Once that code hits the live servers you should see that the Chat title bar changes to Chat (5), for example, when there are 5 unread chat messages. The title text also pulses visibly but (hopefully) not irritatingly whenever there are unread messages.

8. Bonza! Thanks Farbs.

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh, excellent.