[SUGGESTION] - Mobile-Friendly Forum Version

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by FrozenDevilz, Oct 16, 2015.

1. FrozenDevilz

FrozenDevilz Kobold

Well, here goes my first thread... ;)

I've been having some trouble using this forum on mobile, because it's only available via browser as it doesn't have a stand-alone app on android.

Worst part is, my phone is a pretty low-end device.

Which is making it more difficult.

Rather than suggesting to make a stand-alone appfor the forum, which I know it must be very difficult,

I'm suggesting you guys to use this plug-in, called: Tapatalk.

What is Tapatalk? Well, if you don't know, I won't be discussing it here, but you can learn it over here.

I'm suggesting this, not because I'm a Tapatalk employee or something, I just wanted a more mobile-friendly version of the forum, that can help me or another user who's not always sitting in front of their computer a lot to be more active at this forum, as I'm actively reading threads in this forum for some stuffs. :p

To be honest, I don't know if this is more easier for the devs rather than making a stand-alone app. But it's worth the shot!

What I know is, I use this app everyday for another forum & I found that it helps me a lot rather than using it via mobile browser.

I think that's it for now, thank you for reading my suggestion!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Hm, as a person who solely uses my phone as the only means of getting on here, I haven't had any complaints thus far. Could be because I'm using a Galaxy phone, though. Regardless, I'm curious as to what problems you have with using it through browser?

Flaxative likes this.
  3. FrozenDevilz

FrozenDevilz Kobold

Well, as an example, my phone's ram is so low (256 mb) that it has to get lag for about 5-10 seconds only to open the keyboard. It has to get lag even longer to open a page with many pictures / GIFs in it. Sometimes the waits are more painful than waiting your turn in co-op / multi.

Also, when I touch my screen, I touch the like button, I don't know why, it's sometimes touch the other button such as quote / reply. It's like the chance of me clicking that like button is worse than the chance of unreliable block being triggered.

I think that's enough for the example.

4. Rodick

Rodick Kobold

Could you try to use Opera Mini?