[Suggestion] Make Stone Spikes penetrating

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Pengw1n, Sep 21, 2013.

?

Which of the follwowing do you feel would be fair?

1. 6 damage + Penetrating

15.4%
  2. Stone Spikes remain as is - 6 dam, no penetrating

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5 damage + Penetrating

53.8%
  4. 4 damage + Penetrating

30.8%
  1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I'd rather see Stone Spikes lowered to a 4 or 5 damage, but getting the penetration keyword - the tradeoff is lower "guaranteed" damage vs lava terrain's higher armour soakable damage. Also the Stop-keyword is very situational as it currently only appears as 1 x 1 tile which is easily avoidable - so that could be removed if needed to balance out a potential penetration change. I like the card, and this would really make it a useful in a viable pvp setup, I believe.

Anyone else have an opinion on this, and is anyone running with spikes in pvp at m? Would suggested change make you think about switching them into your decks?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I see them as pointless currently if i want the stop i get acid or rockfall if i want damage i go lava. Having a 1x1 stop and mediocre damage is not in the middle of acid and lava its just worse than either in most cases. I personally think that the stop part can stay or go for all i care but to give it penetrating the damage needs to go down to 4 possibly 5. This isn't a change that would make me run it but at the same time i don't like to use wizards in pvp so neither would making lava do 15 damage.

3. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

I'd be happy with either the current setup or 4 + penetrating, noting that it's only a paper card, compared to bronze for hot spot. And I run lots of stone spikes right now; I have two wizards with lots of encumber, each wearing Rockshard Robes.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It may be only paper quality, but it's a lot harder to get than Hot Spot. And according to the wiki, it's impossible for players to get Rockfall or even Cave In (and I hope rogues get easy access to Mud Pit).

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Its a shame i had great fun with rockfall in very early beta.