[SUGGESTION] Lifesaving block shouldn't activate with a nimbus active

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by ChosenUndead, Nov 7, 2013.

1. ChosenUndead

ChosenUndead Mushroom Warrior

If a nimbus prevents damage to the user, then lifesaving block should not activate.

2. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

Impenetrable Nimbus only take effect after all block and armor, and it's more balanced that way.

3. ChosenUndead

How is it more balanced? In the situation which I'm commenting on, I had decided to discard his impenetrable nimbus with burning attacks, which would overide the 3 trait limit. Considering the nimbus's negation of attack damage, the lifesaving block would have no need to play if the charcter's life was not in risk!!!

4. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

As I said, Impenetrable Nimbus only take effect after all block and armor, so technically the character life is at risk.
    About the balance part, if Impenetrable Nimbus kicks in first then aside from immune to damage, you can also hide your armor and hoard your block for next round, which would grant you advantage not only in this round but also in next round. But if Impenetrable Nimbus kicks in last then the opposite party can still attack the character to reveal his armors and get rid of his blocks.

5. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

It also means Nimbus doesn't protect your auras from breaking on damage, which is as it should be.

6. ChosenUndead

In the scenario, two dwarfs were on victory squares, and he was one point away from winning!
    Therefore, I could not have waited another turn; in the circumstance having the life save active, when compared to normal blocks with chanced rolls, it seemed a bit unfair.

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Wouldn't the life saving block have stopped whatever attack you were going to finish him afterwards with anyways? It seems like a moot point.

8. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Not if he had just enough different fire attacks to push it off and then two or more other attacks to kill the guy. Lifesaving Block blocking one of the fire attacks makes the normal attacks useless.

ChosenUndead likes this.
  9. ChosenUndead

Someone understands! :)