[Suggestion] Idea for a Rogue Class and New Races

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lortharian Duin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Here is an idea I've been cookin' for some time.

New Class: Rogue

Equipment/Items:
    2x Ranged Weapons or alternatively Melee Weapons (in that case shared with Warrior weapon slots)
    -Daggers, Hard to Block, Step Attacks, Parry, Dodge,…
    -Bows would be awesome! ^^
    3x Rogue Item („Dirty Tricks“ like Smoke Screen, Cause Fumble, Poison, Spell Reflection, Disarm, Pick Pocket, Traps…)
    -Pickpocket and similar cards like Disarm and Spell Steal
    -Disarm –Atk:0, Rng:1–(Red/Green)Melee, Discard target’s one random melee attack card.[3+ Block]
    -Spell Steal - Atk:0, Rng:4 - Ranged, Take one random opponent’s spell card.
    -Steal Initiative – Atk:0, Rng:1 –Cantrip, Take one random adjacent opponent’s random move card.
    -Spyglass – Rng:8 – Reveal target’s cards.
    -Poison; darts, daggers, clouds, all kinds of it!!! ^^
    -Dodge, Jump-back,…
    -standard issue of somewhat “roguish” blocks without using shield: Parry, Push-back Parry, Acrobatic
    Flip, … and somewhat non-standard: Spell Reflection, Cause Fumble
    -Smoke Bomb, Caltrops (ground card granting encumber 1), Marbles(ground card)? J
    -Distract – Cantrip, change enemy facing
    -Disguise – Atk:0, Rng:4 – Ranged, Copy target’s oldest revealed armor card
    -Dismantle Trap - relocate and/or take control of a 1 tile ground effect card
    -Mimic – Rng:4 – Select a target. Copy targets attached cards and attach them on to yourself.
    -Beguile – Rng:4 - Select a target. Discard targets attached cards and attach them on to yourself.
    -Sticky bomb – Rng:3 – Attach to a target. Duration 1. At the end of duration deal 6 damage, Burst 1.
    -Hit-and-Run – Atk:4, Rng:1 – After attacking Move 3.
    1x Light Armor (squishy rogues; Assassin’s Harness, Shadow Aura, Cloak and Dagger, Shadow Cloak,…)
    -Assassin’s Harness – Armor 2 (4+), Keep, when attacking roll 3+ to additionally poison your target;
    Poison: Dmg:2, Duration 2
    -Shadow Aura – Armor 1, all attacks gain Unblockable (similar to Frenzy aura)
    -Cloak and Dagger – Armor 1, Keep, Every time owner takes damage, from opponent, draw a card.
    -Shadow Cloak – Armor 1, Keep, Owner takes half of damage from physical attacks (rounded up).
    1x Boots
    1x Racial Skill
    2x Rogue Skill
    Trait cards: (Acrobatic, Stealthy, Assassin, Camouflage, Evasive…)
    -Acrobatic– Trait, Move cards gain Free Move, Duration 2
    -Stealthy – Trait, Cannot be specifically targeted, Duration 2 or when Rogue attacks or takes damage
    -Assassin – Trait, Attacks gain Penetrating, Duration 2
    -Camouflage – Trait, No more cards can be attached on to user of this card, Duration 2
    -Evasive – Trait, Negate the damage and effect of AoE cards (cards with Burst, Cone), Duration 2
    +Handicap cards: (Cowardly, Squeamish, Vulnerable,…)
    +one Rogue Item card

Item summary:
    2x Ranged Weapon
    3x Rogue Item
    1x Light Armor
    1x Boots
    1x Racial Skill
    2x Rogue Skill

Racial HP distribution:
    Elf = 19
    Human = 23
    Dwarf = 27
    Half-Elf = 21
    Half-Orc = 25

Explanation: Being a rogue is all about finesse, dirty tricks and survival by evading rather than enduring damage. While rogues do possess means to do damage to their opponent, they have to be careful not die in the process. Cards like Blind Rage (that dwarfs often possess as racial skill) are more likely to interfere and hurt, already squishy rogue, than help rogue deal more damage. If rogues enter fights they do so by their own terms often calmly and unexpected. Cunning by their nature rogues rely on their wits and dangerous dirty tricks to circumvent opponent’s defenses. They do not hesitate to use poisons, traps and even their opponent’s weapons.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Race: Half-Elf
    Default Move card: Run
    Class HP distribution:
    Wizard = 19
    Rogue = 21
    Priest = 23
    Warrior = 27
    Racial Skills: Based upon Charisma
    -Taunt (Attach to target. That character may only target the character or group who played this card.)
    -Charm (Attach to target. That character can't target the character or group who played this card.)

New Race: Half-Orc
    Default Move card: Run
    Class HP distribution:
    Wizard = 23
    Rogue = 25
    Priest = 27
    Warrior = 31
    Racial Skills: Fear and Strength
    -Warcry, Mad Dog, Fearsome, Unrestrainable, …
    -Fearsome – Trait, opponent adjacent to you is forced to use his Move card, Mandatory action.
    Duration 2
    -Unrestrainable – Trait, attach this card to yourself, immune to Encumber and Halt effects, Duration 3

Food for thoughts! :D

Robauke likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

3. I agree!... Rogues could and should work in mid range. Rarely further than 4 squares from his target.
    Furthermore, I am aware that that there are plenty requests for this 4th class... yet, none of those threads seemed right. I don't think this one is right also... it is missing somethin': An unique mechanic... 'cos this all feels like warrior-lite but more dodgy and dirty.
    Priests have assists, Mages utility, Warriors have sustainability and they all bring damage along. IMO, rogue should have his...hm... trickery along with damage ofc.

Concerning races: There is huge amount of beautiful creatures out there and already implemented in the game... Gnomes that have scuttle as racial movement already exist and could be placed in HP range of half-orcs I mentioned in this thread. But their racial skills don't feel unique enough.
    Lizard-folk or scaly-kind could also be implemented with some poison based racials I guess... or perhaps some anti-spell armor.

4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Personally, Warrior and Rouges have been my favorite classes to play in games like Diablo, Neverwinter Nights and there is a couple other games I can't think of but bringing in a new class would be awesome and give new life to the game!

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

There are some strong ideas in there that just might find there way in the game some day, but it would immensly suprise me if it was in the agglomerated form of a new class.

6. Sidi Scapin

Sidi Scapin War Monkey

Well, if is hard to create fresh class, make hibrid, weapon from class x, armor from y, skills from another... Can do nine New without many New things, need playtest tho.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

While we're waiting for the rogue class, I suggest running wizards or priests like rogues. I've had a lot of fun with a triple set of elf priests with lots of Quick Run and Sneaky Bloodsuck. You can throw in there some Entangling Roots and the only "trap" available to priests Radioactive Goo. When running a wizard as a rogue, you have available to you Smoke Bomb, all sorts of "traps" that you can trip early with Accelerate Time. And you have plenty of ranged attacks that are better than the arrow cards currently on alonzo.
    I really liked alot of your card ideas and think they should be cross-threaded to "Card Ideas."
    I think it would go along way if we had available to us one of the three steal type cards.
    Also check out my Poison aspect priest and Monkey aspect warrior on the forums.
    Also, giving moves fly is better than free move. We already have that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016