[Suggestion] Disable chat sound in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Nneu, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Nneu

Nneu Kobold

Not sure about anyone else, but this sound drives me insane. Especially if I have cardhunter running the background.

Flaxative and scorpion_wins like this.
  2. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

Yes! Please add this to the sound options, this has been nagging at me for a while now.

3. Would love this option.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

People have been asking for it, I hope they implement it soon.

5. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Fifthed! It's gotten to the point where I close the CH tab just to have some peace while working.

And why am I having CH open when working? That's another question...

Nneu and Flaxative like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Because the lobby is a fun place! I love following the discussions in it. But yes the sound the thing makes encourages me to close the tab when I'm not playing. I don't think players should be punished for wanting to be a part of the community, which is basically what is happening when we lurk the chat and get assaulted by the noise. I guess on a PC you can control the sound for individual applications, and just turn your browser's volume off? But on my Mac, if I want to listen to music, the sound's on, and the lobby's blaring :)

7. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

You can actually disable the chat sounds already by simply setting the Volume to zero from the options, you know...

It would just be more convenient to have a dedicated option just for the chat sounds.