[Suggestion] Change Ideas!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by BlackVoidDeath, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Which of my maps do you think Is the best?

1. Dungeon Defence

2. Disturbed Monekys

3. The Great Arena

4. The Grave-Walker

5. After Wood-Home

6. Melvelous's Mad Maze of Death

7. The Great Storage Nest

8. Tavern Defence/Offence

9. Zombie Apocalypse

10. Storge Nest Quest

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have been thinking up lots of ideas for changes the Blue Manchu should make, some of them i have posted here:
    • what if instead of drawing an extra card on the first round you drew a special card according to your costume e.g. skeletons get only bones etc
    • weak nimbus which stayes on the target for 3 turns or until triggered: prevents all damage once: it can replace some of the items with impenetrable nimbus.
    • quickness aura, rushing aura and Energizing Move should add +1 instead of +2 to your moves - this could take down the usage of dwarf warriors because adding movement is easy while raising your health cap is impossible
    If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them here! It would also be great if some of the developers saw this thread as well!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. BlackVoidDeath

• I think that there should be another island to the LEFT of the main island like the shop one but for another reason: e.g. take out the league and put it on that island and add another league which costs pizza, like the ones we used to have!

3. BlackVoidDeath

• i dont think that Pulverizing Bludgeon or Pulverizing Hack are worth it any-more & i have not seen them played since the changes which make them weak - so i think either make them unblockable or give them their power back. don't get me wrong - i like the idea but its not played by anyone any-more.

4. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

"I have been thinking up lots of ideas for changes the Blue Manchu should make, some of them i have posted here:
    • what if instead of drawing an extra card on the first round you drew a special card according to your costume e.g. skeletons get only bones etc
    • weak nimbus which stayes on the target for 3 turns or until triggered: prevents all damage once: it can replace some of the items with impenetrable nimbus.
    • quickness aura, rushing aura and Energizing Move should add +1 instead of +2 to your moves - this could take down the usage of dwarf warriors because adding movement is easy while raising your health cap is impossible"

re point 1. That could provide another interesting layer of depth.

re point 2. I don't like this as it seems too close to the dwaren trait "Immunity", but without the card draw. What about If nimbus only prevented damage above 5? Thjis means that crafty players could still find ways to sneak damage in, as well as offload their unwanted weak chops, boosted by some kind of frenzy buff, and/or fire mages could start with magma spray then ember burst an d instant burn to not only remove the nimbus attachement but also do damage at the same time.

re point 3. I like this idea, although I think one of them, maybe rushing aura, should still be +2 to move, since it can be removed by attacks. I also think energising move should also be itself just a move 3, to reduce crazy movement shenanigans.

Speaking of raising health caps, what if there were armors / enchantments which increased your max health..., but at a cost? But only for humans / elves. So maybe racial traits.

I feel liek this idea could work. Are you listening, Blue Manchu?? I want to be rewarded hansomely for these ideas! Cash or cheque is fine!

5. BlackVoidDeath

when i posted this in chat someone suggested that nimbus shouldt block damage from behind i thinks that an ok idea
    Totally agree
    Also agree
    HAHAHAHAHA YES YES YES or at least some pizza :p (as in in game AND irl)

6. BlackVoidDeath

• to nerf Vamps there should be a card atached to you that when you use a drain attack (a Vamp attack) then a card should be attached to you saying if you dont use a drain attack next round you take 10 damage - cannot be prevented but if they use a drain to stop them taking damage this card re-attaches saying the same thing (10 damage if no drain next round)

7. BlackVoidDeath

• name: blood-thirst

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I agree vamp attacks need a nerf but not THAT NERF! Firstly you have to be able to have a lot of them before a deck becomes viable. Secondly you would have to focus vamp attacks because you only draw 2! Thirdly after you play a vamp attack they could just play the keep away game to do 10 damage if successful! Fourthly armor already counters vamp attacks.

So in short that nerf should never be made!

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Nimbus now prevents damage 5+ only
    All my attacks deal 6+ damage
    /flip

No that's actually a good idea. I'm still going to run purge though.

10. BlackVoidDeath

i only really understand your 3rd and 4th points, and i guess you are right - if you think Vamps should still get a nerf then tell me here :p

11. BlackVoidDeath

HAHAHA yep i guess using purge is better than fire or bludgeon + wellspring + savage curse + MF (even though it still does 14 damage.) - i guess that could be an alternative if you don't draw purge.

12. BlackVoidDeath

u mean (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

13. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Energizing Move used to be only +1 but was changed when other mobility restrictions were added.

I'd much prefer the ability to mulligan your first hand than having a special card or anything. Maybe a special card for SP, but for MP I'm all about reducing variance and increasing meaningful and interesting decisions.

Weak Nimbus wouldn't really work -- it would still be spammable and strong (although obviously not as strong). I'd just prefer to see Imp Nimbus only prevent damage from the front. That way there is at least counterplay in positioning.

Bandreus likes this.
  14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I agree with most of what Stexe said, save for the bit about Imp Nimbus. The game already features tons of counterplay when it comes to nimbus:
    - Purges
    - Pushing off attachments with your own.
    - Discard effects (the priest can't nimbus people if you make him discard it first)
    - Control (a nimbus-ed character is hardly a threat if you keep him away from your other guys and/or the victory squares)
    - Bashes (see above)
    - Mobility of your own (see above)
    - Camping on the VSs yourself (you don't need to kill the opponent in order to win a match)
    - Stealing priority in order to deal dmg before any nimbus can be cast
    - I'm pretty sure you can find other creative ways for dealing with Imp Nimbus, as long as you don't fall in the Nimbus2stronk mentality.

Also, always worth being remembered I feel, nimbus spamming doesn't come for free. You do need to fully dedicate the vast majority of a priest's slots, in order to achieve that. Meaning such a character will not be capable of doing much of anything other than casting nimbus. A smart player can very easily use that to his advantage, winning vs. such a strat in an almost trivial way, as long as he knows how to properly identify it and respond (having a purge-focused deck is not even required to do that, but many are having a real hard time realizing this, hence all the insta-rage-quitting as soon as a imp nimbus is being played).

If any balance issue regarding Imp Nimbus is actually there to be solved (something which I think many people are way too quickly assuming as being a given, but I digress), I'm pretty sure can be dealt with in some more interesting and less severe way.

Just saying this because, you know, "hit the opponent from the back" already makes for what, 80% of CH's gameplay? I would hardly consider that as "reducing variance and increasing meaningful and interesting decisions".

If anything else, Imp Nimbus is making people re-evaluate cards which you very rarely saw being used in MP, like bashes for instance.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Stexe

The problem with Nimbus is that you're spending 1 card to generally gain a +2 card advantage. Those examples aren't really counters to Imp Nimbus -- pushing / control still does no damage, which means that a card is effectively a heal 5 (Barge / Bash damage) or more.

And Nimbus Spamming isn't nesc the problem, it is more the correct number of Nimbus combined with other things that makes it problematic. There simply isn't much you can do to counter it outside of Purge.

Just think of Imp Nimbus from a card advantage point of view. It is almost always a net positive gain (you can do things and the enemy can't, which means if you position yourself properly to block movement with zone of control the enemy is most likely forced to discard and pass early to get priority costing them another card).

16. BlackVoidDeath

• Hot Flames trait: should act as a Shuddering Strike - it makes more sense that way and is more useful - i have not seen this be played in a month or more

17. Stexe

That would make the already strong fire spells insane...

Flaxative likes this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

i guess - but it would make the card be used more, you could make it silver or gold quality - making it harder to aquire (so items like focused combustion rare or epic quality) - as i said this doesnt have to be exactly as i said it is - you can tweak it if you want

19. BlackVoidDeath

• The new Human racial skills that let them draw a block, card or quick step a character should only be usable on allies because it doesnt make sense - Mortalblade instructs Mortalblade to block!

20. Stexe

Not everything has to make sense thematically. It would weaken cards that are already average (save for Jump, Soldier which is very strong). Also, you could justify it thematically by saying they are shouting out loud to motivate them self.

karadoc likes this.