[suggestion] balance change for nimbus

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by die2lustigen3, Oct 27, 2013.

1. die2lustigen3

die2lustigen3 Kobold

as i have read here in the forums and in the player chat: people think nimbus is too strong,
    and you people from blue manchu are thinking about changing the card.

so i have thought about the problem a little and come to this conclusion:
    nimbus is actually already balanced in a great way.
    the problem is that it is just too crucial for a priest to not have, which makes you not decide if you want to play a priest or no priest but to play nimbus or no nimbus.
    heal alone is too weak to justify playing a priest (for a good reason as longer games would almost always go in favor of a priest party).
    and buffing unholy would make it too easy to overwhelm the enemy early, rendering them helpless.
    so nimbus has to still be a very good card.
    i read the suggestion pilgrim bailey made,that nimbus should stun the target, but that narrows its uses down to one only: make a character survive.
    i dont like that.
    iam for the solution that the target is halted.
    cause if the enemy is not able to flee from a nimbussed warrior for example, he should still be punishable and die if he overextended for example. ( and nimble strike would be toned down with this as well)
    oh and by the way change the range of entangling roots up or that of nimbus down, roots are very cool but not strong enough in comparison to nimbus as well as nimbus also has 5 range instead of 4

well, feel free to add your oppinions,
    and by the way: hi to all board users ;)

edit: forgot the removal of protection from selfdamage lol

2. I never said it should stun someone, other players did, I actually don't think a stun is a good idea for the card. I think it should have charges or something of that nature.

3. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I suspect nimbus will be noticably weaker when draw decks are less common; so I suggest we don't try to 'fix' nimbus until after we see how nimbus works after the next balance changes.

spacedust, Flaxative, Kalin and 2 others like this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I agree with karadoc, you generally don't want to change a bunch of related things at once. It's more scientific to balance things one by one.

Genki likes this.
  5. Genki

Genki Orc Soldier

My troll sense is tingling but I will bite. I brought up the stun concept as one of many possible suggestions, for the reasons mentioned in the post about nimbus you would have probably just read.

If your conclusion is that the card is already balanced in a great way it wouldn't need any changes :)

Still your idea of halting instead of stun is worth considering imo.