[Suggestion] Allow GM dialog to be replayed

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by OneMoreNameless, Sep 26, 2013.

1. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Add a new setting (defaulting off) under menu/options that forces story speech to always be played whenever you select a previously completed adventure. I've been leveling a second party and the atmosphere feels lacking without it.

Xayrn, istenszek, Robauke and 14 others like this.
  2. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

Do want.

3. ChosenUndead

ChosenUndead Mushroom Warrior

Wait a sec, do you complete one adventure in a module, return to map, and then repeat?

4. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I also would enjoy this. I would not mind going back through the campaign hearing all the banter again. :)

5. Questor

Questor Ogre

I just looked today if such a option is available.
    Since there is none, i really hope they implement it.

6. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I would like that too.

7. Danakir

Danakir Kobold

I agree! That'd be really nice. It'd really liven up replaying the campaign with a different party build.

8. IonDragonX

IonDragonX Kobold

It should probably be reset-able only after you finish the campaign the first time through.

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I was really fond of all the dialogues while playing the campaign, so having them optionally play again on repeat plays would make replaying maps more fun, I might even replay them just to hear Melvin's many words of wisdom again. :p

10. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

I agree, it'd be nice to have it again. It's kind of lonely going through the quests without Gary and Melvin.

11. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

bah, I OTOH just want an option to turn them off entirely. I've heard enough "duh" and and "no" and "incorrect" to last me a lifetime. The "story", if it could be considered as such, is so corny it kills my brain cells. Comparing it to twilight, I think twilight is better since at least its books provide heat when burnt.

12. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I agree that On/Off for those would be good. I don't mind going through some of those again :)

13. Heeroneko

Heeroneko Kobold

I would love this. I've actually missed the dialog a few times on accident because I wasn't paying attention and was really sad I couldn't replay it.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

As a stopgap measure/workaround, you can read all of the dialogue from this file:
    http://live.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Prompts/Prompt.csv
    WARNING: SPOILERS. ALL OF THEM. READ AT YOUR PERIL.

It's easier to read if you first import the file into Excel, Google Sheets etc. Importing instructions not included in this post.

15. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I'd like to see this as well. I like to see the chatty pre-game banter between the characters. seems like a toggle could be implemented to show or not show it upon subsequent replays.

Maniafig likes this.