[Suggestion] Allow cross-access to Single/MP Saves

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by pliers, Sep 16, 2013.

1. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

I'd like to be able to build a setup on campaign, test it out on a few missions to see how it runs, and then load it up for MP play. As is, it's kind of a hassle to put in the same items on 3 chars twice, manually.

2. Barkam

Barkam Mushroom Warrior

+1. Yes, please.

3. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'd like this too, but I personally think the current store/retrieve system is somewhat cumbersome and so I rarely use it at all.

I posted some criticism about it here, along with a possible alternative system, but Jon said he didn't like it, and although I think Jon's objections could be addressed there wasn't really any further discussion.

I've played more of the game since then and thought a bit more about what I don't like about the current system. I think the main thing I don't like about the current system is that it's somewhat removed from the deck buildings screen. You can't see what the build is without going through a bunch of menus to restore it. It's a bit of a chore to browse through the builds, and so I kind of need to be sure of what I have saved and which build is which. But this is confounded by the fact that there are only a handful of available save slots, with no possibility of folders or anything like that, and the maximum description length is quite short. So it's difficult for me to describe / organize the builds in a way that helps me remember what they are.

So although I would definitely like to be able to share builds between SP and MP, I think some more radical reform to the save system is needed. If the current system just used the same few limited save slots for both SP and MP builds then I don't think it would be much of an improvement because it would effectively mean less slots to play with, and a greater variety of builds to confuse myself with when I'm trying to find the save I'm looking for...