[Suggestion] A monthly flavour text contest

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Rohndil, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Well, title seems self explanatory, but I'll elaborate.

Currently a number of cards are missing flavour text. While adding it to the likes of Laser Block or Blind Rage might be impossible, there are a lot of cards which aren't lacking in space, Strong Stab being the best example.

Flavour text makes everything's better, and I'm sure anyone who ever played a CRPG can appreciate how an item with some background is way cooler than a random blade of doom +5 (Pale Justice from Icewind Dale is a personal favourite of mine). I feel the same about card games, plus blank space looks bad. Card Hunter does a nice job with its quotes and jokes, and I think we could help with it.

There are a lot of topic about this (here's a nice one and the most recent), but all seems a bit unfocused and dispersive.

An official periodic (I put monthly in the title, but any time span is fine depending on the devs disponibility) contest with an X number of cards each time would make it easier to concentrate efforts and slowly fill Cardhuntria blank spaces. Chest rewards might help in luring partecipants though I feel having YOUR one-liner in the game is a great prize on its own.

This month cards!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maximum xxx characters, no references to other companies intellectual property, each user can write only one entry per card, etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Great idea.