Suggestion: 5 minute turn timer to stop people from idling out of spite

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Ikeren, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Ikeren

Ikeren Kobold

I just won a game against a player (am I allowed to name and shame/post screenshots?) where I managed to drop a wall of fire on all 3 of his guys at the end of round 1. He told me I should have cancer, and then by the end of round 2, where I had taken out all but his fighter, he left with 17 minutes on his timer and I got to just sit for 17 minutes for the win.

I imagine that is not a phenomenal benefit for the game server, because my plan was a quick log in-1 game-log out, and instead I ended up doing some writing while 2 players idled on your server load for ~15 minutes more than they needed to each.

I know it was discussed during the beta. 5 minutes is entirely sufficient time to plan out any turn, and a reasonable idle time.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

3. Ikeren

Ikeren Kobold

Ah, thank you, I missed that one. Sorry. Newish to the forums :)

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

No worries, just thought it'd help to know that the devs are looking into this, and were/are interested in feedback.

As for naming/shaming. It's not in the forum rules per se, but all of those posts have been edited by the mods - so I'd say it's nothing that's encouraged. Report the player using the ingame tools.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline