Space Station Outbreak

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Pawndawan, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Story / Pre-battle text:
    "Foreign lifeforms detected. Quarantine mode activated." The robotic voice interrupts your activities. Soon you hear the sound of something scurrying in the air ducts and lurking in the shadows.

You better head to the south room to override the lockdown and start the evacuation sequence.

V2[​IMG]

V3
    [​IMG]

Epilogue
    You managed to escape, but some of your colleagues were not as lucky. You hastily grab some supplies before heading to the escape pod.

I initially made this pre-CM, so I haven't tested this with Walpurgis Night flying around. Inspired by Alien movies, I tried to play with shadows and narrow hallways. Quite the radiation / RNG fest, but I hope there are at least some interesting choices along the way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    adajon and Maniafig like this.
  2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

First attempt. Didn't realize there was resurrection so I played pretty badly at first. Drew Walpurgis Night. At some point I wondered why the door had moved. It had attacked me. Werewolf door. Lost before getting a single star.

Second attempt: Managed to win with one character (Molly) and 5 health left.

Pawndawan likes this.
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Nice map, I like the theme you were going for, fighting off spiders in dimly lit corridors in a sci-fi setting, it comes though both in the flavour text and the map design. The detail of having all areas not adjacent to a light source be covered in darkness is a nice touch. I'd like to see it in MM.

I only very narrowly won the map on my first try, things started off rather well, I got rid of the door pretty easily, though things went south once the way got blocked by an invisible spider which Rad Bit me and gave me Walpurgis. It allowed me to kill the spider and escape with my Vampire Priest and Zombie Warrior but my Vampire Wizard didn't make it. Then it was 3 tense turns of camping on the victory square, which included a really unfortunate Meltdown and a Reanimation of my Wizard who served as a decoy, by the time I won I only had my Warrior left below 10 HP.

Pawndawan likes this.
  4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Reading this, I laughed pretty hard! Transformers!

wereviper and Pawndawan like this.
  5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks for the kind words. I made a revised (V3) version, where I got rid of the Invisible Spiders and overall decreased the amount of enemies a bit. I also fixed one layered shadow tile.

What I would've liked to do, was to create increasing enemy waves, but it seems that the game only respawns those that start on the board. So 5 rad spiders with only 2 spawn points won't work like I initially thought.

edit: Also, I'm not much of a writer, so if anyone has suggestion for spicing up story / epilogue texts, feel free to post here. :)

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I know, encountered this issue before and its really annoying.
    Other than that I like the scenario, easier that I expected, but cant really help with the story as I usually get carried away and end up writing paragraphs on paragraphs.

Pawndawan likes this.