Sorcerous Bolt doesn't trigger Spark Induction

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dorque, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Me: Spark Induction (Subtract 2 from Block rolls against Arcane attacks)
    Spell: Sorcerous Bolt (Magic Arcane 4-6)
    Him: Missile Block (3+ Block Magic)

He didn't lose 2 off his die.

2. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

You need to look at the damage type. The type is Arcane, which doesn't trigger the Electrical trait. Bolt is a bit confusing being in the name, but all the attack cards have a damage type (Magic Arcane in this instance).

3. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

No, I believe Dorque is correct here. Spark Inductor adds damage to Electrical attacks and grants a Hard to Block-like effect to Arcane attacks. This should have affected Sorcerous Bolt.

4. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Oh indeed your right, I completely didn't see that second line lol.

Could magic block not count? Since it is literally trying to block the effects of the spell before it happends, other then blocking the damage?

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

There should be as few as possible exceptions to a rule and they should be clear so I'm almost completely sure this is a bug not magic block being extra powerful against magic.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yep, this is a bug, looking at it.

7. Cronus

Cronus Kobold

I've also encountered an issue with Spark Inductor. After playing Zap, it brings up the duration card Spark Inductor, but didn't apply the extra damage to the attack.

I can see the card not giving it a damage bonus since the spell says it's a "Magic Arcane," but I didn't see the monster attempt to block it so I am unsure why Spark Inductor brought itself forward as if it was being applied to the card.

Just wanted to make mention.

8. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Spark Inductor (and other similar cards) modifies the attack before an enemy reacts to it. So it should popup on Arcane attacks, even when no one tries to block. It's working as intended.